Chapter 16: A Snake in the Leaf

Hankuro stood over Hinatas body protectively as a non-verbal understanding happened between him and Naruto, causing the ladder to chase after Pain. He was snarling and still fully transforming as he kept her from receiving anyone getting close to her.

"Hankuro please!!! You need to snap out of this!" Isobu was gripping Hankuro in there mind and slapping him trying to get him back, the 'water' now up to her chin and covering his nose. "She needs help and medical treatment and you're not letting anyone help her! Snap out of it boy before we hurt more people!"

Hankuros eyes were glossy and unresponsive inside his mind as he finally went to speak but stop as a light started to illuminate his mental room. "W-What is going on?" He slowly turned his head as he saw the shadow of a tall woman step forward, long Blue hair as his own but with a slender figure.

"Hello son..."

Outside Hankuro had stepped back as Hinatas hand slowly reached up and cupped his cheek, burning slightly from touching the pure chakra cloak around him. "H-Hankuro please..let them...help me.." Her voice subconsciously seemed to get through as he backed away and Sakura rushed in and started to heal her.

"Your...son?" Hankuro seemed confused as he felt the water lower but noticed Isobu getting recaged. "W-What are you doing to her!?"

"She needs to be locked up so we can get you back son. You can release it after but if we don't right now we will not be able to calm you down."

"Wait...wait how are you even here? I did this seal not you. There's no way you can possibly be here right now."

The long haired woman nodded as a yelp came from Isobu as a collar wrapped around her neck. "...you were always so clever...Hankuro-kun." The woman's form slowly changed and in front of Hankuro stood Orochimaru. "Hello my favorite test subject. Oh and I must admit. That was your mothers true vision. Found it as I went through that noggin." He chuckled lightly as he held out his arms. "Its amazing how powerful the image of a mother is on a youth. Poor little Hankuro, never having known a mothers love. Or a fathers teachings. You must be so mad at me aren't you? Corrupting your precious internal headspace of safety. Mmm all those naughty things you've done with Miss Temari. I must say I did enjoy them...both from the comfort of your subconscious...and well physically as her."

Hankuro vision narrowed as he clenched his fists, glaring daggers into the other. "No...no that's not possible. She was never alone with you."

"Oh? Are you sure? I assure you she is quite safe. Actually she should be snapping awake and out of my control here soon. Shes going to be so mad that you, of all people were the one she lost her virginity too and not that Nara clan boy she loves. Oops. Looks like that relationship was me doing too. I took your first and second love from you. You poor boy."

His hands trembled as he clenched them and tears fell. "I hate you..you're lucky you have no physical form or I swear I'd...I wou-" His words were stopped as he felt Orochimaru having got behind him, hand over his mouth and gripping him tightly.

"You're too weak young Kizamaye. You are truly one of the most peg-headed ninja I have ever met to think you are actually strong. Hell. Even Kabuto as pathetic an assistant as he is, he could defeat you without a single true thought." His taunting cackle echoes inside of his head as his tongue moved up his neck and around the curse mark. "Mmm without someone truly capable of removing this...you will never escape me."

Outside Hankuro was gripping his head, still in mid transformation and seeming to have an internal struggle, slowly his curse mark on his neck showing through the cloak and beginning to spread. Hinata was stabilized by Sakura as the two sat on there knees watching. "Hankuro? W-what is going on inside that mind of yours?" The two konoichi thought as a limping Ino carried her father over to the group.

"Sakura. Please. Heal me so I can get inside his mind. He doesn't seem to be as powerful as Naruto in this state so I may be able to bring him around." Inoichi spoke solemly and sternly. "If we can stop a second tailed beast from going the wild then we can say we truly helped the Leaf in its need."

"M-Mr. Yamanaka...please take me in with you." Hinata spoke up, even with her normal hesitancy she still sounded serious. "I-I can get him back around. He...He has strong trust for me and I feel with my help we can get him back." Inoichi seemed reluctant at first but then nodded in agreement.

"Hinata. Stay completely still then." Once Sakura had finished healing him, he placed his hand on top of the young Ninjas head and then began the mind transferance jutsu and took himself and her inside his mind.

Hinata and Inoichi floated inside his mind before the found the room inside his mind he was hiding. As they opened it they saw the now Tailed Beast form of Isobu locked and chained up behind a cage but the more horrifying sight of Hankuro, barely clothed with Orochimaru wrapped around him and smirking. "I see we have uninvited guests. See? You are weak and need my strength Hankuro-kun." Orochimaru said before feeling himself mentally removed from the young Ninja and forced back into his hole by Inoichi.

Hinata looked to him as he nodded assuring her it was safe for her to try and go talk to Hankuro. She slowly removed her jacket and wrapped it around Hankuro and cupped his head. "Hankuro-kun...I'm sorry I couldn't help you again. But unlike last time...I'm here for you."

Hankuro seemed to have a emotionless expression on his face as he felt her hold him. "...how do I know...this is real? He...he had control over Temari the whole time we were together...he planted fake memories of us...Hinata if that's really you...I don't know how to know."

"The first time we met...where was it Hankuro?" She smiled softly and raised his face to look up to hers. "Where we really met and it wasn't just in passing."

"T-the hospital...after I healed up from the preliminary matches and my team had left me in the Leaf..."

"That's right. And I took you home that day. You saw the Hyuga compound. And you were so nervous and subconsciously were holding onto me. Just two shy kids walking to the rich sector of the village. And everyone stared at you and I awkwardly because-.."

In unison they both said. "Because I/you were the 'weird blue haired outsider without a shirt on and holding onto the princess like a frightened child.'

"It...it is you Hinata.."

"Its time to come back Blue. Everyone's waiting. You helped protect the village and you aren't even a Leaf ninja. You're a hero now Hankuro-kun." She smiled down at him, holding him in her arms and blushed deeply as the other slowly moved closer until they locked lips. Inoichi just looked away and shook his head.

Inoichi and Hinata returned, she heard inside her head that he would never tell a soul what happened to get Hankuro back. From where Hankuro stood was covered in dust. His shadow could be seen slowly, dropped to his knees his body covered in burn marks as he sat there in tears from the pain. Hinata started to walk forward but was stopped as a medical team appeared. While the two had been inside his mind there appeared to have been an event that brought everyone back to life in the village and standing over the crator of a village was Kakashi carrying Naruto on his back.

"Naruto...you're a hero now you know? You just saved the entire village from anilihation. You've grown up so much since we first met." Kakashi spoke quietly to Naruto as he placed him down and helped him down into the village.

"But..Kakashi-sensei I didn't do it alone. If Hankuro hadn't held down the fort when Pain had wiped everyone out...I might not have arrived in time." Narutos voice cracked as he spoke the truth. "I might have got Nagato to reverse what he done but this wasn't all me."

"Then you'll need to make sure everyone knows when you talk about this day Naruto. Hopefully they believe you and give him the same respect."