ROSENROT

Rosenrot Station. Request copy. Over.

Do you copy. Over.

No response. Static.

This is Even Tennec of The Perdigo. Requesting flight plan for docking. Over.

The open channel hissed with the soft static of the hydrogen 21 centimeter line. The was no response from the station or anywhere else. The man in the command blister did not seem to be expecting a response however protocol demanded an attempt be made. If there was a later inquiry as a result of whatever happened here then he could show he had done things the correct way.

He had the ship scan other frequencies now in addition to the official channels. There was still nothing. The electromagnetic spectrum was silent.

He waited another thirty minutes. Finally he opened the navpanel and had the mainframe compute an approach and docking to the station. He hesitated a moment then engaged the sequence.

Shortly there was a vibration through the ship as the nuclear drives spooled up. He strapped himself into his chair with the five point harness, and then used his palmcoder to begin a mission log.

ML-MET 0334 Station continues to be nonresponsive as per brief. Infrared scan of station shows that 3 of the 4 reactors as well as 90 percent of the turbines are online and supplying power to the four hubs. Proceeding with docking with main hub.

His fingers hovered over the on-screen keyboard, but there was nothing else to say. He saved the entry then settled back into his chair to wait.