LEVEL 17

My name is Even Tennec. I'm a systems analyst.

He finished typing and then he hesitated. After a moment he tapped enter.

I'll be blunt. I'm not here to socialise. I have an offer.

Listening.

My name is Dr Danica Moreno. A few others and I have holed up in a secure location on floor 17. However we are running out of food and also water.

Okay.

We have drugs to trade. Mostly painmeds from the medical supplies closet but we can synth anything you want. Even juice.

Im not interested.

We have other things. We could do things for you.

I need information.

I have that. I've been collecting data since it started. Tissue samples, scans, everything.

I want all your data. And any of your biological samples of my choosing. And I want to interview you and your friends.

Why

Does it matter

Give me a minute.

He sat and idly tapped the keyboard with his fingers. From time to time something would cause him to half turn in his chair and his eyes would search for something that wasn't there. The place was deserted and whatever actions it had seen had come and gone and left little witness.

There was blink from the terminal and now her answer was appended within the message box.

All agreed sans one of the doctors.

I can work with that.

Deal. Contact me when close so I can lift the lockout.

Wait. How do I get there.

I can see you're on 3 but I can't see where.

The checkpoint. Dockside.

Get back to the spine then run an elevator up to 17. Lookout for hostiles

Gangs?

There are gangs but I meant them.

What are they.

I have my theories. Give me the node address to your palmcoder.

Negative. It's been firewalled. It's useless.

Then find another one and contact me here.

MET 0612 place is deserted but made contact with someone who claims to have information in exchange for food/water. Will obtain from ships manifest.