➳ XII ※ 십이

- maybe later -

Huge mistake. Very, very huge mistake. I shouldn't have said it that loud. And now, I have to run fast but run calmly. Walk? Fast walk. I know it doesn't make any sense but it is what it is.

"Tzuyu, wait!" Jungkook called out, to which I obviously cannot listen to him.

And I ran. I can't face him yet. It's too embarrassing and it's too soon. I didn't even know if I was sure about my feelings for him. But I don't want to lose him (like, forever).

I screamed internally and found a way back to our room-there are many ways, don't ask. I really really ran fast. But much to my disappointment, Jungkook was faster, of course.

He grabbed my wrist and that alone made me stop. I closed my eyes and waited for him to speak as I didn't want to make any sound. I waited and waited and... waited.

He didn't speak a word. As I slowly opened my eyes, perhaps hoping from the bottom of my heart to not see him in front of me despite of knowing that he is, I saw his handsome face. He's just about 10 to 15 centimeters from me.

"Tzuyu?" And I gulped.

I stopped avoiding his gaze and looked directly at his soft eyes. They were intently staring at mine. For some reason, my lips formed a little smile. But then, I remembered the small distance between us.

Just like what everyone would do, I stepped back. Pretty apparent, he also then realized that he's still holding my hand so he let go.

"I-I'm sorry," I said.

"Why are you sorry?" he asked.

"You heard what I said, right?"

"Uhm," he smiled. "Should I say no?"

I laughed a little. "Did you hear it all?"

"Well, kinda..."

"Oh," was all I can say. It felt very hot on my face and I ran out of words to say. I really really want to just... disappear. It's very embarrassing. I can't even look him in the eye now.

"You shouldn't have heard that," I hurriedly blurted out, just a response to not make it silent.

"But why?" he asks.

"I'm not sure yet," I truthfully said. I wouldn't want to tell him it's genuine and lead him unto somethinf uncertain. But as I expected a frown from him, his grin did not fade, at all.

"Why are you still smiling?"

"This is a sign you know. A sign that means you're actually starting to like me," he said.

I playfully hit him in his shoulders. I was about to say something when a teacher suddenly passed by.

"Ahem, Miss Chou and Mr. Jeon, what are the two of you still doing here?" It was Miss Taeyeon.

"O-Oh, ma'am, I'm just practicing for the festival," I said. I thought of more explanations to say but she smiled.

"Of course! You're part of TWICE, right? Goodluck! Say goodluck to the other members for me," she walked away. But, 2 seconds later, she looked back and said, "You too, Jungkook! Goodluck to BTS!"

Our gazes just followed Miss Taeyeon. We gave her just a small awkward smile as a response a little while ago. I hope I didn't look too disrespectful.

When Jungkook and I were sure that Miss Taeyeon wasn't in the hallway anymore, we stared at each other's eyes.

"Well, I guess... I have to go now," I said. I walked away and was about to head back to the classroom again but Jungkook told me something that made me stop.