➳ XVIII ※ 십팔

why, how?

(3rd person's POV)

"Goodbye!" Tzuyu's unnies shouted altogether as the boys went out. Soon after, Lisa's group of friends also said their farewells.

"Unnies, can we talk?" Tzuyu asked. She looked so not-Tzuyu. Her unnies were a little shaken because the maknae hasn't been talking since the morning. Or maybe she did, but only to Jungkook. And after that, they never heard her speak again.

"Yes? You've been avoiding us since this morning. Is everything okay?" Her concerned Jihyo unnie asks, intently looking at her.

Tzuyu was hesitating; she doesn't know whether or not this should be a big deal to her. Especially that they're her unnies, for sure there must be some reasoning behind this. But she can't just brush off the feeling of betrayal. "Do... do some of you know about Lisa's plan?"

"What plan?"

"The plan where she purposely had to make me jealous."

The room fell even more silent. It was clear from Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon, and Mina's faces that they knew nothing about what Tzuyu was saying. They're the only ones in the group, aside from Tzuyu, that have no idea about it. 

"I did," the leader confessed, sighing and feeling guilty about their maknae having to know about it this way. She knew Tzuyu deserved to know, but not from her. It's not in her place to tell.

"What about you, Nayeon unnie... Sana and Momo unnie?" she asks, despite knowing the truth already.

"I don't–"

"We do," Momo cuts off Nayeon. Just like Jihyo, Momo felt like they can't lie to their maknae anymore.

"You know... I..." Tzuyu starts, unsure of how to word how she feels and what she wants to tell her unnies. "To be honest, Lisa flirting with Jungkook isn't much of an issue. But... to know it was intentional and those of you who know, hid it from me?"

"I told Lisa to tell it to you," Jihyo says. She was about to attempt to get close to Tzuyu to at least pat her in the back but chose not to as to give her some space. "I'm sorry, Tzu. But I thought it wouldn't be right to come from me. It's yours and Lisa's issue to resolve."

"Yes... But she didn't," Tzuyu sighs. "But I understand, unnie."

"I'm sorry, Tzu," Sana apologizes, having have thought that it would be good for Tzuyu, to help her sort out her feelings. 

The maknae did not know how to feel at that moment. She was hurt, more because her unnies knew about her feelings towards Jungkook and Lisa's intentions to make her jealous. But having her Jihyo unnie to explain her reasons at least made her feel better somehow. As for others, she's sure they have their own reasons, too.

"It's okay, unnie. I just don't understand why you hid it from me, knowing how I feel." Tzuyu smiles a little and adds, "I understand it more now. Don't worry, I'll be fine sooner or later."

"She's... mad," Mina sadly says as they watched the maknae walk away from the living room. She wasn't sure if she also hurt Tzuyu in some way, but she really was oblivious to the issue until it was brought up.