Chapter 8

The morning after that incident with Shou, I felt the need to distance myself from him before I start getting all embarrassed again. I didn't want to... but I felt like we both needed some time apart from one another.... which was easier said than done, seeing as we lived together.

"Morning," said Shou, getting a small bowl of rice and eggs for his breakfast.

"M-morning..." I mumbled out, wanting to get out of the room asap. It felt like it was only yesterday when he whispered into my ear.. oh wait, it was yesterday...

"Have any plans today?"

"School."

"Except the obvious, idiot."

"Oh... not really... You?"

"I need to see if Eri's up. If we're too busy tonight, could you ask Mirio to watch her?" asked Shou, setting a bowl down on the table.

"Mmhmm... totally." I said, grabbing an apple from the fridge and then started to put on my shoes.

"(Y/n)..."

"Gotta go. See you later, Shou!"

I slammed the door behind me before he could bring it up. I was never good with confrontation, and I wasn't planning on dealing with it today.

~

Throughout the day, we let the students work on their projects. Most of them were productive, aside from... certain groups... but for the most part, they seemed to be working hard on the assignment.

Shou got out of his sleeping and walked over to me.

"So, you see Kaminari, you would technically be able to use your quirk against them, since this isn't Pokémon, and these kinds of things wouldn't really affect real life scenarios... or would they...?"

"(Y/n)."

I turned around to see Shou.

"Can I talk to you in private?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Mina's face glow up a bit.

"Sure..."

Shou walked us outside the classroom and shut the door.

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

"What!?!??! Me??? Avoiding you?? Pff, that's pososterous- why would you even suggest that?"

"Do you think I'm that dumb?"

I shook my head.

"(Y/n)... I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable last night. I didn't mean for you to become all flustered like that... I just wanted to make a small joke..."

"It's my fault I let my emotions go all haywire... You have nothing to apologize for, Shou. I should be the one who's sorry." I said, the grip on my hoodie tightening.

I then felt a pair of arms around me.

"I guess we're both in the wrong..."

"Shou..."

"Tell me when to stop."

"W-what?"