Chapter 10

Aizawa's POV

I couldn't believe it. My best friend was kissing me. It wasn't like a peck or anything- it was a full-on lip-to-lip kiss. (Y/n) pulled away after a few seconds and continued to sleep soundly. Was that intentional? Was she drunk? After a little while more of waiting, the ferris wheel began to move again, which resulted in me clutching onto (Y/n)'s body so she wouldn't fall. After I had shaken her to wake up, we walked out of the cart and soon met up with Mirio and Eri.

"Are you two alright? We were stuck up there for quite some time." I asked, crouching down to pat the little girl on the head.

"No worries, Sensei! Little miss Eri and I were perfectly fine! How were you two?" asked Mirio, pointing at the two of us teachers.

"(Y/n) over here fell asleep for a bit, but that was all."

"What are you talking about, Shou? You fell asleep at one point too, you know." teased (Y/n), a small smirk tugging at her tired features.

"Whatever... I'm just glad that everyone is safe." I said as I pushed my hands back inside my pockets.

"Oh? What's this? The cold and tired Aizawa Shouta, cares about people?" chuckled my best friend.

"Shut it before I erase your quirk."

"Sorry." said (Y/n) quickly, her hands up by her face in a way to say "please don't hurt me".

As we went back home, I had asked Mirio to stay a bit longer to watch Eri while I talked with (Y/n) in private.

~

"You wanted to talk to me, Shou?" asked (Y/n), walking out of her room after setting her things down.

"Yeah. Might wanna grab a coat or something... I wante to talk to you outside. In private." I said, letting Eri off of my shoulder and onto the ground safely.

"Uh, yeah, sure, just let me grab my hoodie then." smiled (Y/n), quickly dashing back to her room.

I took off my red scarf that I had worn previously for my normal capture gear and goggles in case a villain struck.

As the two of us walked to the park nearby the campus grounds, I kept touching my lips subconsciously every now and then.

"You okay, bud? Do you need some chapstick?" asked (Y/n), reaching into her pockets to grab her chapstick.

"Huh? No, I'm fine. Why?" I replied, looking at my best friend walking beside me.

"Well, you keep touching your lips... I just figured that they were chapped or something..." mumbled (Y/n), taking her hand out of her pant pockets and back in her hoodie.

"No, it's alright.. I just-"

Wait. Does she know that we even kissed? Should I even tell her? What if she freaks out- who am I kidding; it's (Y/n)! Of course she's gonna freak out. For all I know, that was probably her first kiss ever! I mean... it was technically mine as well, but that's not the point! If I tell her about it... it might make our friendship all weird and awkward... It's probably best I don't.

"Just what, Shou?"

"Huh?" I turned to look at her.

"You cut off mid-sentence. Are you okay? Did something happen when I fell asleep earlier?" she kept interrogating me like there was no tomorrow.