THREE - STOPLIGHT

I planned for a sleepover for Soobin that weekend at Taehyung and Jimin's home. I want Soobin to enjoy the company of his cousin. Have some playtime and socialization with a kid about his age.

"I thought you went here to spend the weekend with Soobin, but you're still on your laptop," Taehyung said, placing a bottle of apple juice on the table.

"The board needs the report next week," I said, closing the laptop.

"Why don't you give some of your load to Namjoon? He's already familiar with the ins and outs of our company. He can help you." Taehyung browses the papers scattered on the table.

I did not answer. I did not try to give some works to Namjoon. It's not because he's not capable but because I want my mind to be occupied with work all the time.

"You don't have any excuses Hyung. We are working in the same company. I know what's going on. If you're embarrassed at Namjoon, I can talk to him to help you."

"No, no. I'm okay Tae. Don't worry, I will disseminate the works starting Monday." I know Taehyung, he will not stop until I assure him that I will do something.

Jimin arrived with a platter of sandwich. He sat down beside Taehyung after serving snacks for our kids.

"I will introduce you to my childhood friend. He said he's still single." Jimin smiled with his squinty eyes.

I chuckled. "I'm not yet ready."

"Come on! Just at least try to meet up with him? I promise you, you will like him!" Jimin gushed over the thought. Taehyung and Jimin have been pushing me to date and enjoy my life. Something that I'm so hesitant to do.

"I'll think about it. Is he the one coming from London?" I asked even though I'm not really interested.

"Yes! The last time I saw him was when we were 7 years old. His family went to London and settled there. Then around three weeks ago, I was surprised when I received a friend request and that it's from my childhood friend!" Jimin is always like that. He will tell the story with too much enthusiasm. No wonder why Taehyung got over Ken's death so easily. He has a very happy guy beside him.

"Jimin is right. You should try. Though I haven't seen him yet personally, I guess Jimin will not recommend someone you wouldn't like." Taehyung puts his arm around Jimin's shoulders. They were best friends turned lover turned husbands.

I just laughed at how insistent they are. I don't know how to end this conversation. So better to change it. "Jimin, can I ask for a favor?"

"Sure! What's that?"

"I know this is too much but can you accompany Soobin to Jihoon's school? I'm planning to enroll him there." It hurts me while saying those.

I know Namjoon already advised that I should be the one to go to Soobin's school but I'm too busy. The project we are currently handling needs to be presented next week. I think I will come and visit Soobin's school once the project is over.

"Uhmmm... It's okay with me. Besides, Soobin is a behaved little boy so that would be fine." Jimin smiles while looking at my son. I know he pities him from deep inside. As much as I hate the thought of it, I just can't focus on him alone.

"Guys, I have to go now. I need to buy some groceries for next week." I put my laptop inside my bag and grabbed the car key from the table.

"We will drive Soobin home tomorrow night. Do you have a night out?" Taehyung asked.

"Just a few drinks with Namjoon then I'll go home." I walk towards the playroom to bid goodbye to my son. "Binnie, baby?"

Soobin looked at me with a wide smile. He is always in the mood whenever he's with Jihoon. "Yes, daddy? Are you leaving now?"

I kneeled and spread my arms. "Yes, come here and hug daddy."

Soobin stands up and runs to me before hugging me. He quickly goes back to play. It feels weird that lately, he won't kiss me if I won't ask for it. I don't know if what Namjoon had told me is already showing or maybe Soobin is just too excited to play.

My heart feels heavy as I leave my brother's home. I am having some conversation with myself if I needed the help of a specialist so I can get through with this grief. But I always refused to seek help. For me, this will pass and one day, I'll be able to move on and handle my life like before.

"Shittt!" I stepped on the break as a passerby is already in front of my car. My forehead almost hit the steering wheel as my car came into a sudden halt. "Fuck!" I cursed as I slam my hand on the gear stick.

I hopped out of my car to check if I hit the man because he's sitting down on the road. On the pedestrian lane to be exact.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked leaning down to check.

He looked up and I got caught off guard when his face shows. "Do I look okay?" He yelled while rubbing his thigh.

"Don't yell at me!" I widened my eyes to at least inform him not to make a scene. A lot of pedestrians are already watching.

"And why wouldn't I? You nearly killed me!" He yelled again before pointing at the stoplight. "Where the hell is your mind? It's already a red light!"

I did not notice, to be honest. I am too busy thinking about how's my life been doing. And how fucked up I am as a father. The next thing I know, the handsome man is already standing in front of me but it's obvious that he's hurt.

"Come on, I'll bring you to the hospital so you'll get checked." I hold his arm and is about to pull him to my car but he pulls his arms away.

"No. Don't touch me!" I don't know what's wrong with him and it seems like he won't stop yelling in the middle of the street.

"How much do you need so this would be over?" I asked, getting my wallet from my pocket.

His eyes widened and he looks angrier now. "Is that how you wealthy people treat the average people? You really think you can pay for everything with money?"

He will not stop. I know it. But he should. I don't want any media outlet to get a glimpse of this scene or my face will be at the front page of the broadsheet tomorrow morning. And to worsen the situation, a police came to check the commotion.