THIRTY TWO - FALSE HOPE

Seokjin has mixed emotions about what happened yesterday. He's happy but disappointed at the same time.

He likes Jungkook, obviously. He keeps on smiling to himself whenever he remembers Jungkook's lips touched his own. He wonders where that kiss will take them if Soobin did not come.

"So you really like him?" Jimin squeals. His grin wide and his eyes smiling with him.

Jin nods shyly. It's been so hard for him to admit how much he likes Jungkook.

Jimin giggles some more. Slapping Jin's arm. "Oh my gosh! I can't imagine. You started as enemies and now you like him. What changed your mind?"

Jin shrugged his shoulders as he rests his chin on his hand. "I don't know. Did you know that arrogant men are sexy?"

Jimin raises his eyebrow and seems to disagree with what Jin had just said.

"Weird, right?" Jin asked and he chuckled when Jimin nods. "You know that thing called make-up sex? When you fight, disagree just about everything, mock at each other and say harsh words, then at the end of the day, one of you will give in, one will apologize and then you and he will have a wild make-up sex? Raw, honest, intense but full of love?"

Jimin frowns at his friend and looks disgusted. "I can't believe you're a sex freak."

"You're a fucking hypocrite!" Jin exclaimed causing some of the customers inside the restaurant to turn their heads at them. "Don't tell me you and Taehyung are not having some make-up sex?"

Jimin bites down a smile. "Of course, we do!"

Jin rolled his eyes thinking of how hypocrite his best friend can get sometimes. "It feels so fucking amazing, right? Well, anyway, that's not my point. Jungkook is somewhat like that."

"Like make-up sex?" Jimin frowned, even more, his eyebrows meeting at the center.

"Somewhat. You know, Jungkook can be arrogant, self-centered and a complete dick head. But at the end of the day, that arrogant man will come home and will do something nice, like for example, Jungkook's love for Soobin. It feels so real, so honest, so pure and so sweet.

And when I finally got to know his story, I came to realize that he's not really a rude dick. He can be blatant at times but it can be his sort of defense so he won't get hurt again. Physically, emotionally and mentally. Like, he will shut you up before you can utter something bad so he won't get hurt? He's that type of guy. He's arrogant and rude but deep inside, he's soft. To add up to that, He can cook, he's doing everything inside the house, very domesticated. He boasts his arrogance a lot. He seemed confident about it. That confidence, sadly, is a complete turn-on for me."

"And sexy," Jimin added while looking at Jin in confusion.

"Yes, and sexy." Jin nods and his face beams.

Jimin takes long to gather his thoughts and gives his opinion. He knows that Jin had a bad experience with love but he did not close his heart and is willing to let someone in. The exact opposite of Jungkook who almost swear not to fall in love ever again.

"Jin, I will tell you something but please, don't give too much hope about this.

Taehyung told me that Jungkook likes you. His exact words were, it seems like Jungkook likes Jin. I cannot vouch for Jungkook because he's a bit reserved and hard to read. His words are different from what he's doing.

I hope you'll give more patience towards him. I know he can be exhausting at times but believe me, he has a huge heart. But please, don't expect too much about what I said. It's only Taehyung's observation."

***

What Jimin just said gives Jin a spark of hope. His reasons can be a little weird and hard to understand, but love can be confusing at times, he thought.

Though Jimin told him not to expect too much, he simply cannot help it. Perhaps, Jungkook's reasons are the same as him. He knows how can he be annoying at times. He is strong-headed and straight-forward. But maybe, Jungkook finds it sexy just like the way he finds Jungkook.

He straightens his clothes and sprays some perfume. With a smile on his face, he presses the doorbell of Jungkook's apartment. Perhaps, some more flirting, Jungkook will finally admit that he likes him too. He checks his watch and he's fifteen minutes early.

He presses the doorbell again and he sees the handle moves. Jungkook opens the door looking surprised.

"I'm sorry I'm a bit early. Good afternoon!" Jin greeted Jungkook with a smile.

Jungkook looks confounded by Jin's present. He's definitely not expecting Jin to be this early.

Jin's smile fades when a young woman appears. Her mouth formed an 'o' when she saw Jin. She showed the money in her hand to Jungkook. "Thank you for today, Mr. Jeon. Hope to see you again soon."

The woman walks past Jin. Jin's face is in utter shock. His heartbeat sluggish and his stomach feels like dropping. He can feel his eyes forming a tear. He exhaled the air trapped in his chest before he faced Jungkook.

"So you're really paying women to fuck in your room and with Soobin in the same roof as you?" Jin's question is more of confusion than an inquiry.

"No, Jin. Please, listen to me first." Jungkook tries to initiate a conversation but Jin walks past him. Jin quickly glanced inside the guest room and saw a wrap of condoms on the floor.

"Where's Soobin?" Jin ignored what Jungkook is about to say, his face can tell that he is disappointed.

Jungkook sighs. "In his bedroom."

Jin can hear the loud volume of the television coming from the bedroom.

"Jin, please, let's talk first."

"We have nothing to talk about. I came here to tutor Soobin." He knocks several times before Soobin finally opens the door.

"Teacher Jinnie!!" Soobin screamed in glee.

"Turn the TV off so we can start," Jin instructed. He turned his back and went sprinting his way to the study room.

Jin wanted to cry. He had been disappointed in love before. He's wondering why the pain is still bad. He's wondering why it's still painful.

He cannot concentrate all through his tutorial. All he wanted right now is to go home and lock himself inside his bedroom.

How can love be so painful? Jin thought. It's been two years since the last time he fell in love but the pain from defeat is still as painful as before. He thought he's already immune but what he's feeling right now proved him wrong.

The tutorial went by so fast. Jin is so eager to go home. After saying goodbye to Soobin, he grabbed his bag and walked to the front door only to find Jungkook standing and waiting for him.

"I need to go home now," Jin said in a firm tone.

"Jin, let me explain."

"You have nothing to explain." Jin forced a smile. He holds on to the door handle and paused for a while. He needs to say what his heart wants before the pain burst. He turned to face Jungkook. Tears escape from his eyes.

"This will be my last day of teaching Soobin. He improved a lot and I believed he can do it on his own with little to no help which I think you can already do.

And, I hope you did not kiss me yesterday. Maybe you're happy now that you played with my feelings and I looked so fucking stupid for making myself believe that you like me too!!!" Jin's tears just fell and before Jungkook can utter a word, Jin goes out of the door and slams the door closed leaving Jungkook stunned.