Chapter 18 ~ Rollercoaster

We arrived back at El's place, and she immediately snuggled into her bed, adorably swallowed in her huge, baby-pink comforter. I walked over to her small TV and put in the tape of some Disney movie. I stepped back over to the brunette's bed and laid down, facing her. She turned to face me, and I gave her a little smile. I saw that her face was tear-stained, and that tears were still slipping out of her eyes.
     I reached over and, with my thumb, wiped away a tear that had been rolling down her cheek. I tucked a few little wisps of hair out of her face and behind her ear. She watched me do all of this, her eyes still pained. When I was done getting the hair out of her face and had wiped a few more tears, I cupped my hand on her cheek and looked into her eyes. Gently, I stroked her with my thumb. I did this for a couple of minutes, memorized by her eyes, until I ran my index and middle fingers down her jaw line, both of us receiving chills. When my fingers reached her chin, I stared into her eyes. My index and middle fingers firmly rested under her chin, keeping our eyes level with each other. I kept quickly breaking eye contact to look down at her lips, and I noticed her doing the same, causing my heart to literally explode in my chest. I really wanted to kiss her right now, but it just didn't feel right, with both of us dating other people. Plus, I wasn't sure if I was ready for that. What if she didn't like it and continued dating Mike? I discarded that thought and instead, I leaned in, keeping my fingers in place, and as my eyes fluttered closed, I gently kissed her nose. I saw her smiling lightly as I pulled away, making me smile as well. I felt my hand back up her jawline and anchored my fingers where her jawline ended, just behind the lower half of her ear, again caressing her cheek. She drifted to sleep relatively fast, and although I didn't want to stop appreciating her or stroking her, I quickly followed suit.

Later
     I woke up, my legs tangled with El's. Immediately I blushed, but stayed still. It was so warm under the covers with her. One of my arms was wrapped around her neck, which made my heart flutter, and I didn't dare move it. My hand was slightly tangled in her short hair, and out of reflex, I began gently running my fingers through her chocolate-colored locks and twirling it around them. My thumb stroked behind her ear, and I closed my eyes, letting El's warmth sink into my skin and run through my veins. I sighed in contentment, my eyelids staying shut for only a few seconds longer before fluttering open to be taken aback by the beauty of the girl lying in front of me.
     I don't ever wanna leave.
     There was no way I was going to willingly wake up the adorable girl laying in front of me. She looked a bit distressed, and it made me wonder if she was having a bad dream. Carefully, I reached down under the covers and held her hand.
     At my touch, she jolted awake. Oops.
     Curse these gay reflexes.
     Tears sprung to her eyes, and she began to shake. I quickly gathered myself up and pulled her into my chest. "Shhh, it's ok El, I've got you, you're safe now," I soothed, repeating a couple different variants of it and rocking her. I held her close to my chest, and the butterflies in my stomach couldn't help themselves from flaring. I continued to do this until she calmed down.
     She pulled away from my chest, and I held her face in my hands. "Hey, what happened, jellybean?" Shit. I wiped another few tears off of her face, and she gave me a weak smile, which I returned.
     "I don't wanna... can we just watch movies?" She sniffled, ignoring the pet-name I'd accidentally blurted. I gave myself a mental slap to the face. I wanted to know what was wrong so I could help, but I could tell she was fragile right now, so instead I just nodded.
     "I'm gonna go get some movies out of the living room. Do you want to stay here, or come with me?" I asked her, almost as if she was a child. She was breakable like one, or, well, at least right now she was.
     "I'll come with you," she mumbled, fear still glazed over her eyes. She got out of bed and walked over to the side I was standing at, closest to the door. I smiled at her, and she grabbed my hand in response. I gave it a little squeeze before we walked out of the room together. We walk in to Will sitting in the living room.
     "Hey, Will, do you mind if we take the couch?" I ask. He looks to me, to Eleven, and back to me.
     "Yeah, sure," He agreed, standing quickly at seeing El's state. "I'm sorry about Mike. He's a total douche," he added, looking a bit sad as he uttered Mike's name and sadness tanged in his voice. Weird. I had no time to question Will, as at the moment Eleven mattered most to me.
     "Thanks, Will," I said, smiling. I guide El to the couch, and she sits down. I give her one more look as my hand finds it's way from her hand to her cheek, cupping it. I was trying to assure her that it was ok before I walked up to the small cabinet underneath the TV, opening it up. "What movie do you wanna watch, Ellie?" I ask, still looking at all of the tapes. Today has been a rollercoaster, I thought.
     "Goonies?" She suggests. Wordlessly, my eyes wander the cabinet until I find the tape titled Goonies, taking it out and putting it into the TV. I hop onto the couch and sit next to El, who is now consumed by a soft blanket. She gives me half the blanket and lays her head on my chest. I wrap my arm around her neck and rest it on her shoulder. I smile, kissing the top of her head. God, she's beautiful, I thought. She plays with my free hand, flipping it over and back again, running her fingers down mine and tracing hearts in the center of my palm.
     My heart feels like it's doing an entire gymnastics routine.

I hope this chapter was all the Elmax fix you needed(well maybe not all, they still haven't kissed, but I hope you're satisfied). Writing all this wholesome, innocent romance is so fun.

I've said it a million times before, but thank you guys so much for all the attention on this book. I never expected so much.

I would also like to add that this chapter started out with 800 words, and now there are over 1000, after editing it. I basically just thought that it needed more pure Elmax action lol.

Also, did you get the girl in red reference?

I would just like to add that the song I added is so wholesome. It makes me so happy, it's just so pure and happy and honestly such a fantasy, but I could care less. As a pretty young person, I think I'd rather live in a fantasy for a while then in the spot I'm in. I mean, how am I supposed to spend an entire summer without a girlfriend? I'm gonna die guys. But that's not the point, the song is wholesome, thank you and goodnight.

Word Count(after first edit): 1111
New Word Count(after editing it for the 82nd time): 1324

-eight