that damn phone

Niall kept fiddling with the hem of his sleeve, his hasn't been this nervous about an event since the early years of One Direction. He knew the other lads were feeling the same way because the car was silent, no one dared to speak. They all looked out the window lost in their own thoughts.

"We're here, boys." Paul says from the front seat. "Ready?" He asks them.

"Not really, but, here we are." Louis breathes out.

"I'm just glad we're not walking the red carpet." Liam mutters. "I don't think we're ready for that."

"Come on." Paul opens the door and helps them out. He notices that Niall had stayed behind. "Ni, come on lad."

"Right," He gives him an apologetic smile, as soon as he steps out he hears some screams from fans who saw them. He waves to them and quickly follows the boys inside.

"There's two dressing rooms, for you all." A young woman with a red dress smiles brightly at them. "I'm Cari, I'll be taking you to them."

"Is it okay if we chill back here until it's our time to perform?" Louis asks not realizing the obvious answer.

"You're the openers." She says politely. "Obviously."

Niall smiles softly at the people who greeted them, he flickers his eyes to Harry who was only a few feet away from him being his cheeky self with everyone. He was really good at hiding his nervousness. He felt a bit of relief when the young woman opens a door and points to another telling them it was theirs as well. They all walk into one room and sit around trying to take everything in.

"Who wants tea? I'm making some." Louis says over his shoulder as he poured some hot water into a mug.

"I do." Harry clears his throat.

"Are we going to get interviewed?" Niall asks, not that he would mind it but he rather not get interviewed.

"One interview and it'll be in here, it'll be after the performance." Paul explains.

"Harry here can't seem to get his eyes off of his phone screen. Who are you texting?" Louis hands him his tea. "Come on, tell us."

"No one." He takes the mug and blows on the hot tea before taking a sip.

"You're hiding something, or more like someone." He teases him. "Come on spill."

"You seeing someone?" Liam joins in with the interrogation.

"I am." He smiles. "I see all of you." He grins proudly when he hears Niall's loud laughter.

"You're stupid." Louis rolls his eyes.

"Ten minutes until you have to be on stage." Cari walks in with a basket of fruit. "Lewis sent these to Niall." She laughs and hands them to Niall.

"He's here?" Niall perks up.

"Five rooms away." She nods. "He's already on his way to his seat though."

"Oh." He sighs. "Thanks."

"Be ready." She gives them one last smile before walking out.

"You lads ready?" Liam asks with his eyebrows raised.

"Sure." Harry purses his lips.

"You Zayn?" He noticed how he hasn't said anything.

"Not really," Zayn admits. "I really hope I don't disappoint anyone for rejoining the band." He flickers his eyes down to his lap.