FEELINGS FOR A FELINE (The White Cat)

Prince Falls In Love With Ensorcelled Cat

Absordkwest, Pleasant Kingdoms - Following a month of adventures, Prince Felix of Absordkwest Castle returned home yesterday with a new fiancee: a poofy white cat.

"Her name is Princess Catherine," the beaming Felix told reporters. "Yes, I know her collar says Fluffball, but it's really Princess Catherine. She was transfigured by fairies but she can talk and she is ever so elegant and polite. We are very much in love. Aren't we, Catherine?"

The princess had no comment, but did chase away a sparrow perched on the nearest windowsill.

"It's a strange turn of events," admitted Prince Felix, while scratching his wife-to-be behind the ears. "See, Father was feeling lonely so he sent my brothers and I on a mission to find him a little dog for company. I was always more of a dog person too. Not anymore!"

Felix's brothers, Prince Norm and Prince Alex, haven't returned from their quest for the dog. However, when our sources in the field sought an interview, the brothers told them to "go away and let us keep wasting our bloody time while we should be rebuilding after the war with the Odorous Realms."

For Prince Felix, the quest wasn't a waste of time at all. "Not in the slightest! Time's never wasted when it ends in love. Isn't that right, Catherine? Cather--oh, there she goes after that sparrow again."

The wedding is set for Sunday evening at Absordkwest Cathedral.

Inspired by the French fairy tale, The White Cat, by Marie-Catherine d'Aulnoy, penned in 1698

Tune in next Tuesday for more news from the wacky world of fairy tales...