40

The pain was not without reward as at least she had a little life in her belly. There was still one, in this thin body and broken heart.

Its heart may be small, perhaps not yet formed, but when it began to jump vigorously, it was something no one could stop.

"No matter what, prioritise protecting the child first." Zuiju softened her voice, "Miss was subject to such a bumpy ride, through great anxiety and sadness. Now you must open up your heart and sleep well. I'll get them to stew some rich medicine."

"Absolutely not." Pingting objected, "He Xia is proficient in medical knowledge too. He'll immediately understand from whatever you prepare. The most important thing right now is to quickly leave."

Zuiju's eeyes brightened, "Has Miss already thought up of a plan?"

Pingting's eyebrows fell to a frown. She shook her head lightly. "He Xia is not a normal person. It won't be easy if we attempt to leave from his supervision..."

"Then..."

"We have to think of a plan." Pingting's eyebrows turned away, suddenly resting on the stone table underneath her hand.

On the side of the stone table, there were small words carved onto it – "Prince Consort Residence".

The Prince Consort Residence of Yun Chang's Prince Consort.

He Xia's millitary influence in Yun Chang was all thanks to the two words of his title, Prince Consort.

Pingting carefully looked at the inscription. She released her tight frown. She sighed and mumbled to herself, "I wonder what kind of person the Princess of Yun Chang is like..."

From the rumours, the Princess of Yun Chang's name was "Yaotian".

As heavenly, dignified and beautiful as the spring flowers.

When she was still young, while studying with her Master, they had occasionally gone outside the residence to try new things.

They often went to Prince He Su's Residence.

There they had often encounter the brothers of the Royal House laughing and chattering. Occasionally they would gossip about the affairs of Yun Chang's Royal House and the general consensus were the same – they were pitiful.

Rumours had it that Yun Chang's Royal Residence had the least number of beautiful residents in the Royal Residences of the four countries. Even the King and Queen were unable to be publicly affectionate. The only place in the entire Royal Residence where they could be together, was the Queen's private quarters.

But when they were out of the little nest, no matter how intimate they were, they had to part ways and sit in their own respective sides.

"Pitiful, just pitiful. No wonder the King of Yun Chang only has a daughter."

"With those conditions, they're fortunate to even have a child."

These noble's children only understood a little of the society of adults but said the words loudly, tutting and sighing as they thought of their own, well-developed, open Gui Le. As long as the water filled their own cans, they were able to boldly shout out their feelings without a care for the rest of the world.

"The Princess sure has an unlucky life. In our Gui Le, when the Princess married, she could live in the Prince Consort Residence. The married couple are together everyday and can do whatever they want. Yun Chang is very different though. Even when the Princess marries, she remains in the Royal Residence, and only when she wants to watch the snow, flowers or moon, can she contact the Prince Consort and talk the night through."