46

"Have a seat, Senior Official." Yaotian's expression was twisted as she said this. Her face was filled with anxiety at first, but she didn't know where to begin when seeing Gui Changqing came in. She sat up straight and looked at him in the eye, asking, "It seems that Dong Lin's army will be finished assembling soon, meaning that Prince Consort will be hurrying to the border in a few days. Are all resource preparations complete? Have people been sent to check the most important resource, food?"

"All preparations are complete." Gui Changqing was used to doing such things and had promptly prepared everything. Even though he was listening to Yaotian's questions, his eyes missed nothing. He replied carefully and saw that Yaotian was just nodding absently. Hearing enough, she didn't ask for any more.

No one understood the Princess' personality more than Gui Changqing, and the people in the Royal Residence had told him about the Princess' return from the Prince Consort Residence last night. He immediately guessed what she was thinking and changed the topic, "I will make sure, with all my ability, that there are enough resources at the border so that the Prince Consort will not have to worry about them. It's just...when is the Prince Consort heading to the front lines?"

Yaotian brooded over for a while before sighing. "I thought for a long time about Gui Changqing's words last night. Yes, I must worry about both the present and the future, but it seems that the present worries are much more scary than future considerations."

Gui Changqing asked, "Princess has already met Bai Pingting?"

"Correct."

"What kind of person is she?" Even though Gui Changqing was wise with age, he couldn't help be a little curious.

The chaotic world with low morals should have been the word of men.

Soldiers and horses, heads of the executed, all that scattered blood and the fame, achievements that came with it were supposed to be in their hands.

Women, if they were born into noble families their real power, came after a union in marriage to someone suited of their rank. If they were peerless beauties, then they would become the legends that drifted around the heroes during troubled times.

Bai Pingting was the only exception.

She was born a maid, had an ordinary face, yet repeatedly changed the power distribution of the four countries. She had created Gui Le's five year truce, won the battle of Kanbu in Bei Mo and even the imminent battle between Dong Lin and Yun Chang was complicatedly related to her.

"What kind of person is she?" It seemed that Yaotian wasn't sure of the answer herself. Her very delicate eyebrow furrowed slightly, trying to recall the Bai Pingting she had seen yesterday and remained deep in thought, before saying, "The feeling you get when with Bai Pingting is very hard to describe. I'll put it this way, when I first saw Bai Pingting, I suddenly felt that all of the varied praises about her were real. Indeed, she seemed like the woman who had ordered troops and challenged Chu Beijie in the battle of Bei Mo. I felt that she had the soldiers' approval, not just the command flag. For someone to stand up to Chu Beijie so equally matched on the battlefield is something truly unbelievable, but when you see Bai Pingting, even that seems completely normal like water filling its container. You think it's something she had done, did."

Gui Changqing didn't let go of any traces of expression on Yaotian's face. He lowered his voice, "Does Princess think that if a woman like Bai Pingting was severely hurt by a man, she would ever forgive him?"

"Hurt?" A little bit of suspicion leaked into Yaotian's eyes, "Why hurt?"

"For something else, he broke their promise and did not return in time, resulting her being forced to Yun Chang."