4

Your eyes open slowly as you wake from your dreamless sleep. Greeted by bright lights and walls of glass you jump out of your bed looking for a way out of your confusing surroundings. Did Strucker have you again? You were still in your black jumpsuit, but you had never seen technology like this at the facility.

Panic set in.

Sliding the palms of your hands across the glass and metal looking for any sort of hinge or frame. Your stand at what you assumed was the front of your new cell, both palms on the glass your body ready to try and electrify it.

The door on the other side of the glass opened.

"You could try but it wont do anything," the man told you his voice sounded familiar. The ginger haired woman stood next to him.

"Who are you? Where am i?" you ask with venom in your voice.

"We would like to ask you a few questions too," the woman spoke.

"You first," you demand, not wanting to give away your secrets to people you didn't know.

"Okay," the man began to talk, "you are currently at The Avengers tower in New York after we saved you from Strucker's base, which your welcome for by the way."

The woman next to him rolled her eyes and stepped a little closer to the glass,
"The Avengers is an initiative formed to protect people, like yourself. There are a few of us, my name is Natasha Romanoff, and this is Tony Stark."

The sound of his name made you bang your fist against the glass, causing him to jump but not her. They weren't expecting this kind of reaction.

"YOU!" you shout at him, "your the one who dragged me away!" your eyes locked on to his.

"Yeah i saved your ass, like i said your welcome," he retorted.

"Fuck you!" you reply as you turn your back on the two of them, taking a seat on the cold hard floor in the middle of your new cage.
They didn't understand, you would of done everything to find Ryder, Tony said Ryder's cell was empty but you had just seen him with your own eyes. They dragged you away, and for what? So they could lock you in a different cage and interrogate you.

The woman's voice spoke a bit softer this time.
"Can you at least tell us your name?"

You replied by giving her the finger over your shoulder. Shortly after you heard the door open and close behind you as they left the room.

You stayed on the floor for several hours just picking at your own clothes, mulling over what could of happened to Ryder. You heard the door open again behind you but you didn't turn around to see who it was. They opened a small hatch on the bottom of one of the glass panels and slid you some food in on a tray.

"I brought you some food."
This voice wasn't like Tony's, it was softer, laced with sympathy as he continued, "i know this must be hard for you but id like you to try and trust us. We only want whats best for you, to protect you from the people that hurt you."

You turned slightly to see the man who was talking, he was super tall and muscular with blonde hair. He gave a soft smile as his eyes met yours.

"My names Steve Rogers," he waited to see if you would return the kindness and tell him your name, "our team received intel that Strucker was experimenting with weapons of mass destruction. What we didn't know was the weapons were people, teens and young adults like yourself," he tells you with a disappointed tone to his words.
"I believe you don't mean us any harm but we will need to know eventually what part you played in all this and what you can do," he offers.

From the brief interaction you had with Steve his voice and presence made you warm to him, nod your head in response.

"I'm sorry we couldn't find your friend," he said with sincerity.

The back of your throat burned as you tried to suppress your tears. You turn your back to Steve so he couldn't see your expression. You heard him let out a soft sigh.

"Eat up, you'll need your strength," he tells you before he walks out the door.

You bury your face in your hands and cry uncontrollably, eventually curling up into a ball on the floor and falling asleep.

~~~*Avengers*~~~

"Did you get any info out of her?" Tony asks Steve as he walks back into the living room.

Steve gives Tony a disapproving look, "She's scared Tony, it might take some time for her to talk to us. Who knows how long shes been there or what they did to her."

"It won't of been anything good," Bucky speaks from across the room. He's sat at the bar, watching you on a tablet that had a live feed to your cell, "but putting her back in a cell when you've just taken her out of one doesn't really give her a sense of hope, that she's somewhere better," Bucky tells Tony.

"So what do you suggest we do? Just let her roam around the tower to do whatever she wants, given that we don't know the first thing about her?" Tony replies.

"Bucky might be right on this one," Steve tells the group, "what do you think Nat?"

"It could be a faster way to get her to open up to us," she half agrees.

Tony looks around the room at all of them, "have you all lost your God damn minds?"

"Look Tony, IF she is one of Struckers agents she would of tried to escape or end her own life by now, Steve's right, she's scared," Natasha tells him.

"And mourning the loss of her friend," Bucky adds handing the tablet to Tony, showing you crying on the floor.

Tony takes a moment and lets out a heavy sigh, "fine, you can let her out tomorrow," he agrees pouring himself a glass of whiskey, "but if this goes south Rogers its on you," Tony points his finger holding a drink in his hand, taking it and himself down to his workshop.