25

"Ryder!" you shout after him, taking a couple of paces towards him.
He turns to look at you balling his hands up into a fist, "I DON'T KNOW YOU!" he shouts in frustration.

Even though Bucky was still light headed and unsteady he starts to walk towards you to protect you, Steve and Nat helping hold him up. Tony holds up his now defrosted repulsors.
You hold your palm up towards them signalling to them, "stop, I got this."

You take another couple of steps towards him, "you do know me Ryder, your my friend, you helped me though my darkest time and..."

"SHUT UP!" he screams at you.

"We don't want to hurt you Ryder, we," you correct yourself, "i want you to come home, we can help you."

He pauses for a moment seeming to think about the offer you have just given him. You approach him slowly inches away from him. His facial expression changes and without hesitation you wrap your arms around him in a tight hug just like you had given him back in the facility, "please remember Ryder," you plead with him.

He stands there for a couple of seconds, his mind battling with itself as what to do next. Then he wraps his arms around you, "(y/n)?" he responds.

Your heart races as you hug each other tighter, you held each other for a moment not wanting to let go, scared if you did he would forget again, or turn invisible.

You could feel a warmth on the centre of your chest that grew to your stomach. Then you heard a gun shot, you turn your head to see Bucky had shot Ben. Ryders arms lost their grip from around you, and he began to collapse. You kept hold of him and lowered to the ground his head on your lap, both of your tops were soaked in blood, Ben had pierced Ryder with a shard of ice.

"No, no, no," you cry as you place your hand over his wound.
The rest of the team gather around the both of you.

"Its okay, (y/n)," Ryder coughs,

You don't hold back and you let the tears fall from your face, "hang in for me okay, we will get you patched up,"

"thankyou for saving me," he whispers.

"You can thank me when I get you home okay?" you didn't want to lose him after you had just got him back.

But it was too late he had gone. Bucky kneels down beside of you and closes Ryders eyes.

"I'm sorry doll," Bucky sympathizes, placing a gentle hand on your leg.
You stay sat on the floor holding your best friend tight. The team let you have your moment before getting you up off the ground.

"Lets take him home," Tony offers.

Steve carefully picks him up off the ground and carries him to the quinjet, Tony tied Noahs hands whilst he was still unconcious and Bucky dragged him by the collar to the jet.
Nat walked along side of you with a comforting arm sound your shoulders as you tried to compose yourself.

The flight home was silent as you sat next to Bucky. Ryder had been placed on the other side of the jet with a long fabric over his body.

"We will give him a proper funeral you know," Tony spoke from the front of the jet.

"Thankyou," you smile back, your eyes still wet and red.

Bucky entwines his fingers with yours grabbing your attention you turn to look at him, his expression was one of worry.
"Did I, did i hurt you, you know when they activated me?" His voice was filled with worry, scared of the answer you might tell him.

"No, well, you did try to shoot me but your aim seemed off as if you kind of knew?" you answer honestly.

He clenched his jaw and squeezed your hand, "I'm sorry, I will understand if you dont want to be around me anymore," he tells you.

You look at him a little confused, "Bucky, i'd never leave you," you say, "but I would like to know how Steve got you to stop? That would of been handy to know."

Bucky looks towards Steve who nods at him, "Steve was the only one I trusted with this," he then leans in and whispers the word into your ear.

"Well your secret is safe with me," you comfort him.

Tony lands the jet on top of the Avengers tower, "guys we're home."

--------------

The next couple of days were tough, organising Ryders funeral as well as taking down Strucker and the rest of his team. You were more than greatful to have Bucky by your side through all of it, as well as the team that you now called family.
You finally had a purpose, friends and a home.

End.