8

You were slowly starting to regret your decision of offering to give a blood sample. The white walls, medical equipment and huge doctors chair all gave you an uneasy feeling. Your hands start to become clammy and your voice starts to waver. Bucky takes a step closer to you, just incase.

"Just a blood sample, nothing else," you say more of a statement than a question.

"That's all we need," Tony assures you. He walks over to a cabinet and retrieves a needle.

You take a deep breath as you take a seat in the doctors chair. Panic starts to wash over you, it was all too familiar, your body instinctively tenses waiting for some sort of pain. As the needle enters your skin you accidentally shoot an electricity bolt across the room hitting some equipment, making it smoke and spark.

You look up at Tony, "sorry," you say sheepishly.

"Are you okay?" Bucky asked concerned.

You nod, "I've got a fear of needles now."

Bucky gives you a sympathetic look.

Tony finished up taking your blood and puts a plaster over your skin.
He gives you a jokingly annoyed look then winks, "Don't worry about it Sparks, I needed to upgrade that anyway," he smirks.

"Sparks?" you look at Tony confused.

"Yeah on account of, you know," he makes a gesture with his hands to symbolize your electric power.

You laugh it off, you could tell he was trying to lighten the mood, to take your mind off things.

"I will send this off for some tests and get back to you later," Tony informs you.

Leaving Tony in his lab you head upstairs with Bucky in toe.

"So, anything you want to do today?" he asks.

"Oh I don't worry about me, i don't want to be in the way of whatever you were planning on doing. I'm sure I can find something to do," looking around the room at your options.

"Okay," Bucky says a little defeated, he didn't want to push you too much.
"I will be in the gym if you change your mind," he walks off, making you feel guilty for brushing him off.

Just as the door shuts behind him you call after him, "wait."

Once you had changed into some light blue workout leggings, matching sports bra and black tank top that you had tied a knot at the bottom left side you were ready to workout.
Bucky headed over to the weight bench as you took to the treadmill, putting on a walking setting you begin your workout. You look over at Bucky who wore black sweat pants and a white tight fitted tank top, which revealed his metal arm to you, and the rest of his physique.

You would be lying to yourself if you said you didn't find him attractive, he was totally your type, tall, muscular, long dark hair with a little bit of facial stubble. Watching as he lifted extremely heavy weights onto a barbel you stepped up your walk into a jog, Bucky lays down and bench presses the weights he had stacked on the bar with his non metal hand. After he was done with that he moves onto the seated row machine, facing away from you you got to stare at him some more watching the muscles on his arms and back flexing as he did some overhead presses.

You started a monologue in your head, "Hes hot, and really strong, is he just showing off? Coz its working, i wonder if he has a girlfriend? i mean he probably has looking like that, i wonder if its Natasha, they could be close?"

You watch as he gets up and heads over for a bottle of water, a light sweat made his body glisten under the gym lights, he glanced over at you catching your eye, you look down quickly in embarrassment. Instantaneously your cheeks flush and sparks run over your skin and to your finger tips causing the treadmill to stop abruptly, which made you trip and grab the sides of the treadmill saving yourself from falling on your ass.

You stumble off the treadmill as Bucky's walking over to you.

"Whoa, Tony really needs to keep up with maintenance on these things, they could end up killing someone," you stutter through embarrassment hitting the machine lightly with your hand.
Before Bucky could ask if your okay your already heading towards the door,
"I think I've exercised enough today, I'm going to go grab a shower, and get changed, I will catch you later," you don't wait for him to reply but you hurriedly rush out of the gym and up to your room.

"Your such an idiot," you say to yourself as you look in the mirror. Giving yourself a small smile and chuckle you proceed to shower and change back into the clothes you had worn earlier. You decide to stay in your room for a while lost in your thoughts looking out at the New York skyline. The mid day sun was warm on your skin, as you sat there peacefully with your eyes lightly closed.

"Would Miss (y/n) please head down to the lounge Mr Stark would like to speak with you," a woman's voice sounded through your room.

"What the fuck?" you whisper to yourself as you look around for the woman.

"I'm sorry I startled you Miss (y/n), I am F.R.I.D.A.Y, Mr Stark's personal AI."

"That's alright?" you speak into the air still a little startled.

"Please could you make your way to the lounge?" she adds.

"Sure," you tell her.

You head out of your room and down to the lounge.