once fear now peace

I woke up with sunlight on my face. I heard birds chirping outside. I turned to see beside me and adrein wasn't here. Memories of last night crossed my mind that we later got back to the ball and continued our dance, never taking our eyes off of each other and after getting back we ended up with our clothes thrown on the floor. I saw the time and didn't wanted to be late because I already took an off yesterday. I didn't find adrein in the complete mansion. I thought he might have got urgent work to do so I went out to take my car. I saw bodyguards and workers surrounding my car. When I moved further I saw my car completely crushed from above while adrein standing in front of it. "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CAR?" I shouted. Adrein turned and pulled me away from there. He opened his mouth to say but I cut him off and said "just tell me the truth that who did it and what happened?". He sighed and said "lila... I don't know how... I mean it was impossible to enter here for her but then too she did and she is not only depressed she needs mental help... and seeing this you are not going back to your apartment... you are gonna stay here with me". "Kitty... you know that I don't live here and you can't keep me locked and I need to go to work, there will be people she won't be able to do anything" I said. He seemed to think about something then said "I know you don't leave here but what if you have a key... a key for my every Mansion or condo and just not have key... you live there" he said. I raised my eyebrow and said "adrein... are you asking me to move in with you?". "I was thinking to ask you since the day we got back together but now it's not only about my greediness, it's about your safety too" he said. "It's not greediness when you want your loved one to live with you but I am going to think about it" I said. "Ok... but if you really want to go for work you will go with a bodyguard. I promise he will be outside all the time, away from everyone's eye" he said. "Ok" I said and kissed his cheek muttering goodbye. Soon I reached my office and started with my work. Today I had to stay extra 2 hour for completing yesterday's work too. It was just me and jack in the office. "Mari, come in my office" he said. I was confused thinking that maybe I did something wrong. I went inside and he asked me to take a seat. "If you remember I asked you to go to Manhattan Expo with him, but I am not seeing any effort from your side. You refused" he said. I remember that few days ago he was asking me to go to the Manhattan expo with him but adrein and I had a long talk about it and eventually I refused to go. "I am really sorry jack but I really can't go" I said. He got up from his place and started walking in his office. "I am really trying to teach you mari but how it's gonna help if you don't give any effort by yourself. There are plenty of people who will kill for this job... I just want initiative on your side" he said and I heard him close and lock the door behind me. When I heard door close I jumped in my place. "I- I am trying... ja- jack. I am not refusing your teaching" I said. He got near my face which wasn't appropriate and said "I am talking about going extra mile unless you are competing me with adrein agreste for your attention". "If it's about the day in cafe then I apologize for his behavior jack" I said. I was having a feeling that something wrong is going to happen. "Your boyfriend has a reputation of being ruthless. It's that what you like" he said while coming more near my face. I pushed him and got from my place. "I don't think my boyfriend affects my work in anyway" I said out loud seriously. "Woah... why are you getting so serious, it's not like I am going to ask you to fuck me" he said. "JACK if it's a joke than it's crossing it's limit. Now I would like to go" I said angrily. When I went to open the door, he captured me by putting his both hands at my both sides. "Look... it's now your decision that you let him use you and just keep you like a toy or you be with me in the same way but taken your seriously, bot like a toy and make sure of your career. Now it's your option that you wanna be kept like a toy by that ruthless control freak who doesn't have any emotions or wanna be taken seriously" he said. He stepped so close that it was intoxicating. "I can make you feel something that no one can make you... not him... not anyone" he said. "NO" I shouted and digged my nails hard in his throat. He winced at the pain. Then I kicked him where sun don't shine and he fell to the ground. I unlocked the door and ran outside. The bodyguard went inside to capture him. I went and sit into the car. I was in a shock from what happened but didn't let myself cry. I have faced more worst things than this as ladybug. Police came and I saw them taking Jack away. Then I saw a car coming in speed. It stopped just in front of me and adrein stepped out of it. I stepped out of my car and we both ran towards each other. We hugged tight and he started shooting questions at me "princess are you okay? Did he hurt you? Did he do anything? If he does I swear I will kill him, just tell me". I pulled away and said "adrein I am ok... look at me I am fine... I am just shocked from what happened". "Fine" he took me in his car and said that my car will be brought later by someone. We went to agreste mansion and I changed into something comfortable. I went to his room and sat on his bed with a bucket of ice cream. "So now what's going to happen with jack" I asked. "He is in police's custody and I am going to make sure he never comes out. He is fired from the studio" he said. "I think you are still working on to buy the studio" I said. "Yeah I am which will be finalized in 1 week but for now your boss's boss is my friend so he Fired him and Jack hyde is prohibited to enter any fashion company" he said. I smiled at him and he sat beside me and hugged me from side and said "I can never loose you mari... never... you are the only good thing that happened to me in my life since you came in my life. You are my love, my dream, my everything. You are my peace" he said. "And I am never going to leave" I said. After sharing the ice cream and lots and lots of talking I eventually went to sleep in his adrein's arm. I feel safe with him like in his arms no one can hurt me because I know he will never let anyone hurt me. He says I am his peace but he is my peace too even if he was once my fear but now he is my everything...
17 February 2020