overwhelmed (janiel)

warning(s): none i think lol

jack pov
i set the last rose petal on the bed and stepped back to admire my work. i smiled softly, hoping this would be good enough. mine and daniels relationship hasn't been great lately. i wish he would talk to me, he's been acting so different the past month or so and i wish i knew why. i set up our bedroom nicely hoping it could do some good. when he gets back from the studio hopefully we can talk. i hate feeling like it's my fault, i really hope it's not.

daniel pov
i turned off my car and stepped out, heading up the small hill to our house. another long day of recording. i love my job but it just feels never ending. i never get a break. and trying to balance a relationship on top of it, it's getting to be too much. jack deserves better than me. i can't give him everything he needs. he deserves the world and i don't know if i can give it to him. i wish this whole life thing was easier.

jack pov
the front door opened and i took a deep breath, trying to calm my never ending nerves. "hi ja- what's this?" "um i just wanted to have a special night. do you like it?" he sighed and set his bag on the floor. "can we just go to sleep please?" my smile turned into a frown as he walked over to our closet. "what is wrong with you daniel?" "nothing is wrong with me jack. i'm tired and it's late." "i'm not talking about tonight. i mean every night for the past month. what happened to you? what happened to us?" "look jack i'm going to sleep. maybe we can talk in the morning." "are you fucking kidding me? i've been waiting to talk to you for a month daniel! stop shutting me out! what did i do?" "you didn't do anything jack. just let me sleep please." he threw his shirt in the laundry basket and his pants followed. "can you move this? i can't sleep with it here." "i worked hard on that you know, never mind not like you'd care." i flipped the blanket and everything i had set up fell onto the floor. my eyes were glossed over but it was dark so he couldn't tell. i threw the blanket at him and it hit him hard in the face. good, he deserved that. "fuck you daniel!" i yelled as i walked out. as soon as i shut the door i let my tears free fall down my face. i can't believe him. he's not even trying. i'm want to fix this. i hate that i love him so much. he's hurting me but i can't let him go. i tried my best to hold in my sobs as i laid down on the couch. i knew the other boys wouldn't be back until later so they hopefully will just leave me be on the couch.

zach pov
i giggled as corbyn carried me inside. i claimed my legs hurt and i was tired so he happily carried me in. meanwhile jonah was laughing at us and shaking his head, clearly not a fan of the situation. i don't blame him, corbyn has dropped me before but hey whatever. jonah unlocked the front door and the first thing we notice is jack sleeping on the couch. "why is jack on the couch?" "i don't know." jonah went up and frowned at him. "what?" i question. "he's been crying. look." he gestured to jacks face as corbyn and i crouched down to see. his face was red and tear stained while his eyes were white and puffy. "jacky." i frowned. "where's daniel?" "i'm guessing their bed." we all went up and checked their room, seeing daniel sleeping and a ton of rose petals on the floor. "what the hell happened?" we all shrugged and went to sleep, wanting to just deal with it in the morning.

daniel pov
when i woke up i was immediately reminded of last nights events, being i was alone in bed and there were rose petals everywhere. i wish i hadn't been such a dick. i just don't know what to do anymore. "daniel?" i looked up and saw zach standing in the doorway. i'm guessing the boys sent him in because i'm the least likely to yell at zach. "what's up zach?" "are you ok?" he asked softly as he sat on the end of the bed. "fine." "but you're not. jack was crying and sleeping on the couch. what happened last night?" "it was nothing zach. just go get some breakfast or something." "why won't you let anyone talk to you? have an actual human interaction." "zach please go." "i don't wanna leave you." "please leave zach." "can i at least have a hug?" "fine." he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and sighed loudly. "ok, now please go." "whatever." he mumbled as he stood up and quickly walked out. "fuck."

jack pov
jonah rubbed my back as i cried into his chest, him holding me after what just happened. him and corbyn woke me up and asked me about last night. i just broke down and told them everything. i don't understand what i did to make him hate me. i want him to love me because i love him so much. "w-why doesn't h-he l-love me?" "shh jack, he loves you bud, a lot, i promise." "doesn't feel l-like it." jonah sighed and ran his hands through my hair. of course i appreciate him and corbyn caring, but really the only thing i want is daniel.

daniel pov
i felt so bad so i got up to go find zach but as soon as i got to the top of the stairs i stopped, seeing jack crying in jonah's lap. i got a little closer to hear what they were saying. "w-why doesn't h-he l-love me?" "shh jack, he loves you bud, a lot, i promise." "doesn't feel l-like it." my heart broke hearing jack say that. he thinks i don't love him? i love him more than anything. hell, i love him more than myself. "h-how could you think i don't love y-you? i-i know i'm a bad boyfriend ok? i know!" their heads shot up at my cracking voice, speaking through my tears. before anyone could say anything i ran into the bathroom and locked the door. "d-dani please open the d-door." i kept my head down, not planning on saying a word. "baby please..." "what jack?" i mumbled. "let me in bub please." "why?" "because i love you and i care about your mental health. let me in daniel." reluctantly i got up and unlocked the door. jack ran in and hugged my torso tightly. "dani i'm sorry i'm so sorry." "why are you sorry?" "i didn't notice how upset you were and i should've never doubted your love for me. i know you love me dani, almost as much as i love you. forgive me please." "of course baby." i kissed his forehead and he melted into me. "do you wanna talk about it?" "not really but you're probably gonna make me right?" he chuckled and nodded. "babe i have to know." "it's stupid." "no it isn't. tell me." "i-i'm just really overwhelmed and overworked and stressed and anxious and i don't even know what the hell i'm supposed to do anymore. i'm fucking up our relationship. you deserve so much better than me. i can't do everything you need and deserve. find someone who can." "daniel," he cupped my face with his soft hands. "you are the only person who makes me feel so in love. you're the only one who can always put a smile on my face. you make me feel better when i'm sad. you take care of me when i'm sick. daniel you are everything i'll ever need and more. i wish i could make you feel better. i'm not good at feelings." " you did a pretty good job just now. you already made me feel better. i love you jack." he smiled and kissed me softly, pulling away a few seconds later. "i love you too my dani baby."

wc: 1400
clearly endings aren't my thing
sorry for all this sad stuff, my mood sucks rn oops
but like enjoy anyways