free (jachary)

this has nothing to do with the song free, at least i didn't intend on it but it might lol idk you tell me
not a request but please keep sending them
i'm in quarantine so i really have nothing better to do

jack pov
"WELL WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE READY?" "I DON'T KNOW JACK OK! LEAVE ME ALONE!" "UGH WHATEVER I'M DONE TALKING ABOUT THIS!" i yelled as i stormed out of our bedroom.

zach and i have been having this exact argument almost everyday now. he isn't ready to come out yet but we've been dating for almost a year. why can't he just let me tell the world?

obviously the boys know, it would be impossible to hide a relationship from them. our family knows and our close friends, but he won't let me post about it. the only reason i'm more defensive now is because i want to be able to post about our 1 year.

maybe i should just post it without telling him.

zach pov
i hate when jack does this. he starts an argument, ends it with louder yelling, then storms off. why can't he just understand me? that's what a boyfriend is for, isn't it?

"hey z, can i come in?" "yeah sure jo." he placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic look. "i heard yelling. were you and jack having that argument again?" i nodded, looking at my lap. "why don't you want to?" i shot him a confused glance. "what?" "why don't you wanna come out? you know we have supportive fans." "yeah i guess, i just, i don't know anymore."

jack pov
i sighed and flopped onto the couch, not wanting to go back upstairs yet. "hey jack." corbyn sat down next to me. "hi." "i know you're upset but you have to see it from zachs side too." "ugh why does everyone take his side? make me look like the bad guy! i'm not trying to force him but it's been almost a year! what's so bad about me that he doesn't want to share with the world?" "jack there's nothing wrong with you, not at all. he's just scared. our world isn't as accepting as it needs to be and you know that."

"i hate when you're right corbyn." "so in every conversation?" he said as he smirked. i smiled and rolled my eyes, sitting up. "there's that smile." "thanks corbyn." "of course."

zach pov
"he's gonna hate me." "no zach he loves you." "the reason i don't want to come out with him is why he'll hate me jo. it's so selfish." "no, no it's not. it's completely acceptable alright?" "he's still gonna hate me." "c'mere zach." he pulled me into a hug before there someone cleared their throat.

we looked up and saw jack standing in the doorway. "he's all yours bud." jonah said as he walked out, patting jack on the shoulder. "oh now you're not mad?" i said sarcastically as jack sat next to me. "zach i'm sorry ok? i never saw it from your side. i just wanted to be able to show everyone how happy we are. i just wanted to be like a normal couple who can post together and can hold hands in public and can kiss on camera. i just wanted to show people how much i love you. but i'm sorry i was being a dick."

"jack i'm sorry. i shouldn't have kept you from being happy. i was just being selfish. you make me so happy and of course i wanna show you off, it's just hard. and you know exactly why." "i know, but zach, we have everyone's support on this, even management and that never happens." we giggled lightly and he pulled me onto his lap.

"i want you to be happy baby. i didn't mean to push so hard. i'm sorry. i love you so much." "i love you more jack." "so, since we have calmed down, let's talk this out together ok? and then we can cuddle all night. how does that sound?" "absolutely incredible."