mirror

"Wait- you're gonna have to help me understand," Jungkook said, feeling completely disoriented. "You weren't joking when you said I could decide which version of you I wanted?"

Jimin held his hands between his legs and shrugged. "Nu-uh..."

The familiar waiter from two days ago had returned to Jungkook's table, and Jungkook had to repress the urge to tell him to fuck off for a moment.

"Would you like to order something?" The man asked, showing a milliom dollar smile that slightly resembled Jimin's in a way.

"Strawberry macarons please," Jimin said, edging up his lips as if he were asking for something naughty. "I know it's lunch but..."

"And you sir?" The waiter asked Jungkook, who refused with the wave of his hand.

On the student's mind were about a hundred other more pressing matters. Who knew simple change of character could make things so complicated?

"You... asked me if I were a bottom last time-"

"Oh no I'm a bottom so that wouldn't work," Jimin giggled as he covered his face again.

Jungkook's heart exploded with fondness for this man. He was so darn adorable, but how? How could he be dominant and strong on one day, and cute and innocent the next? And did he just say he was a bottom?

"So do you change character everyday?" Jungkook found himself asking, digging in his mind to remember what disorder that could be pointing towards.

"Sometimes during the day, sometimes during the night, it's pretty irregular honestly..."

When Jimin's macarons were placed in front of him, the man clapped his hands and showed a bright smile that nearly blinded Jungkook.

"Ever tried these? They're really great!" Jimin said, picking up a macaron to shove it into Jungkook's mouth.

Jungkook sat with a full mouth as he stared at Jimin with a baffled expression.

It wasn't like he didn't like this new version of the boy. He could probably learn to adore him just as much as the other Jimin. But even just saying that... the other Jimin... how many versions were there of this man?

"Jimin..." Jungook said after swallowing the macaron, blinking like a mechanical doll. "Is what you meant by... you had trouble finding someone that tolerated you?"

Jimin pouted his plump lips yet again as if he knew how much it caused butterflies to attack Jungkook's stomache.

"Sometimes people take advantage of my less assertive personalities... I've been in relationships where I was really mistreated..."

Jimin's face fell in sadness and hurt, and Jungkook couldn't help but feel sorry. People could be horrible sometimes, but who could hurt someone that clearly had a mental illness?

Right at that moment, a glass from another table in the café shattered onto the ground, making Jimin flinch like a scared dog. The waiter tended to the accident immediatly and Jungkook only spared the incident a quick glance.

"Look... Jimin..." he started, fighting an internal battle about what to do. He didn't want to break contact with Jimin at all, but would continueing this be wise? A relationship with someone with a mental disorder usually didn't turn out great. Jungkook had no idea how this worked and what the rules were to this multiple personality thing.

"You don't want me, do you?" Jimin asked, tensing up as he hung his head low.

Jungkook felt like he got stabbed through the heart by an icepick.