fear

"Jim open up now!" Jin yelled sternly, pounding against the door with all his might just like Jungkook had done just a moment ago.

The man wore a mask of complete focus, though Jungkook wasn't fooled. There was fear behind those eyes. It was unmistakable. And it was immense.

"Alright I'm kicking it in," Namjoon said after a few more seconds, signing the two others to get out if his way as he prepared himself.

The man took a few steps back and brought his leg up against the door with a large blow, the sound starteling Jungkook as it shook the house.

But the door wouldn't open yet.

"One more time," Namjoon groaned, pretending his foot didn't hurt as he got ready to knock it against the door once again.

The wooden door gave out the moment Namjoon's foot collided against it. It whipped open and slammed against the wall, but the men had no time to be stunned.

Jin ran into the bathroom first, but he cursed sharply at the sight in front of him, stopping Jungkook's heart and making the student too scared to take a look right away.

The older man dropped to his knees as if his legs had given out.

Jungkook's face was rested and plain. There was no emotion as he peeked at the scene in front of him without registering, without actually seeing. One could say he was dissociating.

Jin crawled towards his little brother, who sat naked and tucked in the corner of the showercabin, trembling with blue lips as he stared at nothing. His skin pale as if he'd been painted over with whitewash, though thin lines of blood streamed down his chin as he bit down on his lips with no mercy, his teeth digging into the flesh as if he could feel no pain.

"It's icecold," Jin's voice quivered, as he let the stream of water trickle on his fingers, before turning the shower off as quickly as he could.

He moved Jim's wet hair away from his eyes, but the man whimpered, diving away before he started to gag, retching as his body tried to empty out his stomache, though there was no food to dispose of.

"He's having a flashback," Jin whispered with a quieted scream in the back of his voice as Jim puked the very little his stomache contained onto the bathroom floor.

The filter gasped for air as if he'd been drowned underwater, his fingers twitching, trying to find something to hold onto, but Jin couldn't touch him. Not when the man was forced to feel the horrors from so long ago again. Not when his mind made him re-live the traumatic experience as if it was happening at that very moment. Over and over and over again.

Jim's eyes were wide blown and frozen in motion like a cat that had heard an unfamilliar sound. He brought his legs closer to his chest and clasped his arms around them, trembling violently as he rocked back and forth.

Soft whines were all that left the man's lips, as if his soul had been buried deep within him and was crying out for help. Scratching at the walls trying to climb out of whatever nightmare it had been trapped in.

"He's not breathing anymore," Jungkook said, standing motionless as he watched Jim give up on trying to fill his lungs, shaking violently as he crawled further into the corner.

"Shit," Jin cursed as his eyes burned with tears, holding himself together though his walls were breaking slowly like succumbing to torture.

"Call 911 Joon," the man begged frantically, his hands aching to help his brother though he kept them by his side. "Jim I need you to breathe for me okay?" He started to cry as his despair tore holes through his mask.