inspiration

"So you're seeing a new therapist huh?" Jungkook asked as he lay on his bed, smiling at the ceiling of his dark room as if his boyfriend was right before his eyes.

"Yeah let's pretend I never told you about that."

"No tell me! The others don't seem very excited about it. Are you sure they still get enough time for themselves? Min stopped our study sessions because he needs to focus on school even more now."

Jim hummed. "Surpisingly they're not objecting all too much. I think they're starting to understand what's best for Jimin. Even though I still haven't slept for a full night since you left..."

Jungkook pouted, mindlessly holding out his hand to stare at it. "They're still causing trouble?"

Jim chuckled bitterly. "I honestly want to kill them most of the time but the therapist says I shouldn't let negative emotions take over since it only makes things worse. He's trying to learn that to the others too but... Jay is giving him a hard time by continuously pulling jokes and telling lies. And Jiminie just decided he doesn't like the man because his handshakes are too firm and-"

Jungkook giggled a little louder than he wanted to. "You sound like a single dad with two disobedient kids."

Jim chuckled in a way that made Jungkook bite his lips.

"Single dad huh?"

Jungkook perked an eyebrow. "Well there's no one in your bed right now is there?"

"Well..."

"Don't fuck around with me Jim or I will show you crazy."

"I'm just kidding don't worry. I still sleep in a kid-sized bed remeber? So I don't even think two people would fit."

"Depends on how determined you are."

Jungkook heard Jim huff. "And? Are you determined right now then bunny?"

The student drew a sharp breath. "You've never called me that before..."

"Yeah sorry I don't know where that came from." Jim laughed. "But you shouldn't want to join me in this bed. The amount of nightmares that have lived here..."

Jungkook scrunched his nose and pulled his covers further over his body. "How can you laugh about that? It's so sad..."

Jim sniggered. "You're lovely, do you know that?"

"Lovely enough for you to let me see you again? Or do you wanna keep being a single dad?"

Jim took a deep breath and exhaled as if he had to carry the entire world on his shoulders.

"I'm sorry..." he said. "This break wasn't meant to last this long but... I guess I needed it more than I thought. I promise I'll try to get better quicker. I'm working really hard... a-and I'm making progress! Please believe me... I know I'm not easy... I know I've hurt you and I don't deserve you but please... please just give me a little more time."

Jungkook felt a tear roll down his face as he heard Jim beg for him to wait, as if the man didn't know he already had Jungkook's heart and soul in his hands.

"Don't cry baby..." Jungkook whispered when he heard Jim sniff softly, smiling as he dried his eyes. "I love you, and I want you to take all the time you need. I can wait a little longer. Don't feel pressured for me. I'm not going anywhere."

Jim released a shuddering breath, and Jungkook leaned into his phone as if he'd be able to feel it if he was close enough. He shut his eyes, listening to the filter's breathing with his lips curled up.