A glimpse into their universe

Peter

As 8th grade went on, Peter and I grew apart. We were in the same class but, we just wanted to be part of two very different crowds. He wanted to be part of... I guess what everyone wanted to be apart of, to be known, be cool, basically "to fit in" and me well I wanted to focus and get straight A's.

I guess I never realized, but that was probably the beginning of us going from "friends" to frenemies. He did glow up, big time so it wasn't too hard for him to parade along with the rest of that crowd.

He became known as the class clown. He went from the cute, chubby guy who made me laugh, to the tall, lean guy who put a smile on people's faces whenever he opened his mouth. Sometimes to a point where it was...annoying, like how can some people be "lookable"(not bad to look at - a word you could use if you have too much pride to say good looking or if they are "ok" looking),  funny, popular and still get amazing grades, it just doesn't make sense.

I guess I just didn't gel with him as well as I used to, not that we were ever that close...I always thought we were although, it was probably all in my head (fantasizing that much about a person will do that to you). Now it was like we had just met in highschool with all those other people I had no relationship with, mainly because, I stuck with the people I knew. I was still in that shell of mine you see. This I told myself was to ensure my own safety.

My mother had always warned me about girls falling pregnant just by hanging with the wrong crowds.

I knew I was never capable of this,
of course. She had always said "if you spend time with people who drink, you can't be surprised when you find yourself drinking too". I was innocent...so I just did what I was told and kept to myself out of fear of what I'd become.

I think it was that same sense I had with Harry, I could see Peter was heading in the same direction. I just didn't wanna fall in to any of those classic high school traps and land up regretting it. So yeah he had his universe, I had mine.

Harry
As for Harry well, nothing had changed, I mean how could it I had never actually met the guy. I had just heard ravings about him from girls who adored him and then heard about how arrogant he was from girls like me who had actually met him. Evidently I had judged a book by its cover, despite being told not to. Poor guy didn't have all of us head over heels...yet.

It was Athletics season, there I was on the bleachers at the stadium during a meeting against other schools. There I was sitting alone. When I suggested my friends join the team a month ago they stared at me, large eyed and laughed. They just weren't as athletic as me. A few played netball but that was it. We all had our own thing besides our intelligence and me I was the sporty one.

I sat watching other people compete and eyed as couples sat on each others laps and cuddled etc. I was astonished, our school had been known to be a prison, because of the rules, so when the teachers were so cool it was pretty clear, why this was one of the only sports with both sexes that people were so enthusiastic to be a part of. Usually the girls hated any form of sports where guys could see them. Now I discovered why this wasn't the case.

Anyways I was minding my own business living my best life, as always.

I turned to put my lip-ice in my kit bag then, I smell it...axe. I could scream not because it smells bad, it smells good better than good, but it's too overwhelming. It's like spray the stuff don't bath in it! I know that smell. I may not have met the guy but I've walked past him enough times to know. I turn and there he is. He asks to sit next to me, being the polite person I am I nod trying to hide my frustration. I'm sure he could tell and just took advantage anyway. I may not be good with words but my face always says what my mouth can't.

"Thanks he says, Keo right ?"

"Yup that's me", I say.

"What events did you do?"