Chapter 3

The Invitation

Lucian was watching the auction closely he was pacing up and down. I can see that he is very much tensed. But me? I am not very much tensed about anything. I am fine, I know this is going to work and that is going to work fine. He is just being tensed for no reason at all. "Night, you can sit down, you don't have to give me leg ache by moving all around my office." I told him.

"Aren't you getting tensed?" he asked. "No, not a bit, I always trusted my instinct and my technique. And I know what exact things I have to place as baits. And now as the curtain is going to fall, any minute and someone is in fall a major loss" Lucian looked at me with an amused expression. "I never thought I was going to see an evil version of Sam.

"Situations, my dear friend situations have always power to change a man, and situations can always change anyone, for better or for worse and in my case, it is the letter Lucian. But I am not even a little bit tensed about this, not even a little bit tensed about this. I think it was supposed to happen so that I can learn that not everyone who comes to your life means well, they don't mostly." He put his hand on my shoulder squeezing it gently.

"I know you are hurting Samuel. Trust me I know how it feels." I wiped my eyes. "Because you are in love with my sister?" I asked. "Sometimes, love is very much illogical my friend. Very illogical. But when it becomes logical, it becomes more of a compromise then love" He told me. Lucian and Philosophical? Now that is an odd thing to see.

"The tender goes to Prince Holdings," I heard the announcement, I smiled "The fish had taken the bait and it is now caught, very badly in my web I have crafted so, so gently. Because what he thinks as his win, is going to cost him so much money, and like this little by little I am going to wind up my web little by little just like he did once. Just like he did I am going to make sure he doesn't get any quotation, any contract anything, and for that I have a trump card inside." I told him.

"I like to see what your next step is Mr. King." "You will soon, everyone is going to see, soon" I promised him. It is just the beginning Mr. Prince, you have messed with the wrong people and that is going to be your last mistake. He is through and he should start counting minutes to his demise now.

I heard the phone ring, "King" I picked up. There was no one on the phone. So, I was about to put it down. I have much to do, more people to destroy. "Sam..." My breath hitched. I know this voice from my past, the past that had hurt me a lot. 

"Sam, are you there?" She asked again. I was frozen unable to say a word unable to utter even an alphabet, my whole body came alive, responding to that voice, that voice that is reason for my nightmares, reason why I have become this way, reverted to my old self before I have met her.

"Hermosa" the nickname came effortlessly out of my mouth, I don't even have to put any kind f strain to get it out. It came in naturally, like it had meant to be, it was always meant to be but it is not. "I heard you had return, is ...is it true?" She asked. "Yes" My voice came out deeper than usual. She still has that effect on me, even when she had broken me. Even when she had hurt me. I cannot just get her out of my system.

"C...Can we meet?" She asked, "no, I don't think it is a wise thing, I don't think we should meet. It will only be going to stir up bad memories." I said. "Can I not even see you Sam? Not just once?" I wanted to laugh.

 "Please Miss Morgan, don't say such things I almost feel that you are in pain or something, you let it happen, you decided to stomp all over my fragile heart, when I bared my deepest darkest secrets to you. How can I let you do the same again and again?" I asked. "Sam please, understand, I never have wished to hurt you, I never wanted to. Please Sam..."