Chapter 12

I drove towards Katie's house but I felt so bad leaving her like that crying. I never made anyone cry like that in my entire life in fact I always tried to make them smile. And Miss Morgan was no different and seeing her like that broke me more than it should have. Turn out I am just an emotional fool as I was before.

I cannot dwell on this. It will just going to destroy me from within. I cannot think about it more. I must reach Katie before I break down and cry. And right now I cannot afford it. My phone rang and it was Ezra surprisingly. "Hello? Have you forgotten it is not the delivery service" I asked. "That is so nice of you to say, were you trying to joke?" he asked.

"What is it Olyphant. I am getting late. I have an appointment to make." "Wait Iris is pregnant? How come I am the last one to know?" He asked. My heart almost skipped a beat and I pressed the breaks the hard. "You alright?" I heard another voice. "Yes, and no Iris is not pregnant or anything."

"Oh my bad, I thought I am going to be an uncle finally" That guy, he had turned into a goof ball since he had married my sister. "What is it that you need tell me." I asked. "Sam, It's Lucian, There is something you need to see." He said. "Ok, I will come to you at your office?" I asked. "No, Ezra's house we will be waiting and please don't forget. It is really necessary that you do."

"Ok, Then. I will see you after I finish with Katie." I told and cut the call. I walked towards her door and she came out smiling as always. No matter how many years passed her smile is something which never seems to amaze me. It never falter. "So, are those for me?" She asked looking at the box of cookies in my hand. "Sure, I know how much you love sweets." I handed her the box and she placed a kiss on my cheek.

I drove her to hospital and walked towards the doctor's chamber. She looked at me. "Hey, thank you for doing this. I could have never gone through it alone." I held her from side as we walked in the chambers. "Katie, and you must be her husband David." I shook my head. "No, I am Samuel. I am her best friend. David couldn't make it today. So, I decided to accompany her." I told her.

"That is so noble of you." I nodded. "Shall we begin?" She asked Katie. Katie nodded and the doctor told her to follow her. "Well what are you waiting for? Come along Sam." Katie told me. I followed her and the doctor procced with the tests. I was looking at her and as I did the more Ezra's words started to come back at me.

Is Iris Pregnant?

How will it be if it was her and me. Will she be this much freaked out? Will she be nervous? Holding my hand entire time? Then again, she is a Paediatrician, she always deals with such cases, she might not be afraid by it. "We are ready for sonogram; this will be a little cold ok Katie" The doctor's voice brought me back to present.

I heard Katie squeal as the cold gel made contact with her now flat abdomen. "There it is your baby." She pointed towards the monitor and me and Katie both looked at the little blip on the screen. "That is..." "My baby, I have a baby in me. My own flesh and blood." She whispered her eyes watered. I wonder if I and Iris will be same. Will she be happy?

"Thinking about Iris? Why don't you give her a chance?" Katie asked. "I wish it was this easy. But Katie I cannot seem to forgive her. She had lied to me. She cheated and she played me. I cannot forgive her this easily." I told her. Katie held my hand squeezing it. "Trust me, you will stop hurting if you find a way." She whispered.

After I left her at her house, I drove towards Ezra's house I wanted to know what they had found out and what is it that they cannot wait to tell me. I mean there must be something that is bothering them and that is something I have to know. I still cannot understand how can a person who had vowed to do only good can turn into this and harm someone so badly.