Chapter 13

The First step

I walked into my office building. Time to take the drastic measures. It had been three months so far and I had seen hardly any progress. I don't know why those suits are too loyal to my father. Sorry, sperm donor, father is a term he doesn't deserved to be called because he isn't my father. And it is rather an insult to this word.

"Katie you should be resting not doing these heavy lifting." "I am pregnant not ill, Sam and you are worse than David, trust me one babysitter is enough for me at home. I don't need another one in office." Katie said making me Laugh. I have to say I admire her just for her comebacks.

"Here, I know you have been carving this for sometimes. Just please don't eat if in front of me with those weird combination." She made a face. "Pickles and peanut butter are an acquired taste." No way, I am not trying that even if it costs me my entire fortune. "What is the prognosis?" I asked. "Still working to breach the defences but those suits are harder to crack than it looks."

Not good, we need to breach their defences and turn them into our favour. Otherwise my whole planning will go down the drain. "Mind bringing me a decaf latte while you are at your own coffee?" She is bossy, I wonder if every women is this much cranky while pregnant.

You wont fond out, because you will not be going to be a father anytime soon.

That's true because there is no way Miss Morgan can be mother of my kid. Not now, not ever. Speaking of which I called my guards "How is Miss Morgan doing?" I asked. "Watching news as always. She hasn't moved from in front of the tv set since you have left." That's odd what is eating her up? She tried to get up and cook for me for some initial days but when she realised, I am not going to accept she stopped.

And now, she wakes up after I leave and when I return, she is asleep. I sit beside her every night holding her hand as she suffers from countless nightmares crying in her sleep. But I don't try to help. Why? Because I am a cold hearted jerk who thrives on her pain.

Not really

Yes, I am. I am happy to see her suffering. She deserves all this pain, all this suffering. She deserves all that come in her way. She chose it for herself. She chose this life for herself. "Sam? You are spacing out again." I heard Katie's voice.

 "Sorry, were you telling me something?" I asked. "Yes, the client had arrived for the meeting. He is waiting for you in meeting room." I nodded and made my way towards the conference room.

I saw the client or rather the clients there. They all are the supporters of my father, sorry sperm donor. "Gentlemen thank you for making it here." "Mr. King you know our decision very well. We are with Mr. Prince, and we are not deserting him in the time like this." I smiled. "That's alright I am not telling you to abandon him. What kind of comrades you all will be if you bailed on him?" I asked.

"So, it is good that we understand each other makes it easy to communicate." I sat down and looked at them. "Yes, My friends effective communication is the key for any relationship. Now, if you all look at the files my secretary is placed in front of you." I looked at Katie and she nodded. They all opened the files. And I heard gasps all over the room as they shuffled through the files. Finally, it is done.

"This is absurd, how could you have such sensitive information about our establishments?" They asked. I smirked. "I have my ways of finding out." One of them stood up and swung his fist on me. "Katie" I said moving back fending him off effectively. Those lessons I have took as a kid now paying off now. "If you didn't

"stop now Mr. James then I have to call in the guards and it will not be in your favour." Katie said.

"Listen to the woman she is smarter than you are, actually she is smarter than you all are, even when you are speaking your fine establishments are sinking in the ground." I told them. "You lie." Another one said. "Do I? Why don't you check with your trusted employees you have placed to bring my establishment and my friends' companies down?" I asked. Their faces paled. I hit the nerve eh?