Chapter 37

A Challenge well received

Can you save them?

Them? Who are them? I thought they only have Ursula's son. Who is the second one? Lucian asked me what is it? I showed him the note. "First one is Ursula's son but who is the second one?" he asked. I am trying to figure that one out myself. Then I saw them all and asked "Who else isn't here?"

"Myra, Damien, Katie and David they aren't here, Myra and Damien are not here because of the business and Katie was almost due so we left her and David..." "Call David now" I told Lucian. I started to try Katie's number. But she wasn't picking up.

"David isn't picking up either." Lucian said. Come on Katie baby pick up, pick up. I tried her again and again. But she wasn't picking up still. Now I am very much worried about her. "Why Katie? Why it cannot be Myra?" Iris asked. "Because Myra wasn't in my life before I met Rosa, and Katie well..." I called Katie again she didn't picked it up yet again.

"What? Katie is what?" She asked. "Not now, please Iris, not now baby. I promise to tell you everything" I said. "Lucian did David picked up?" I asked. "No, he isn't picking up." Shit this isn't good at all. "I know it is Katie. I know he would do everything to hurt me. First it was Rosa and April, then it was Iris and then it was Ursula, it was not just someone who are just related to me..." I said.

No, it was the people who means to me a lot, and Katie is one of them. She means a lot to me. More than Myra at least. "Myra picked up, she is alright so is Damien. They are right now heading for Katie's we will have some information about them." Rosa told me. "Thank you, sister." I whispered. It is Katie. I know it in my heart and that she is there because I couldn't keep my promise to her.

"Katie, please be safe. I cannot bear to lose another person I love from my life" I thought. "Sam, you should be here for this" I walked out hearing Ezra's voice. "What is it?" I asked. I saw Myra on video call in front of an ambulance. "Sam, you there? This was addressed to you." She walked inside the house and showed me a board with letters scribbled on it.

Can you save her before clock runs out?

Katie, he took Katie. "David?" I asked. "He is hurt badly too. We are transferring him to hospital." Myra said. "Keep me updated on this please" Myra cut the call. "Katie, he has Katie." I told them almost falling down if Lucian wasn't holding me.

I heard my phone ring. It was a private number. "Wait, let my men trace it" Landon signaled someone and he put the tracer on his computer. Did he just bugged my phone? "Sorry, it was there for long. Dad used to trace you wherever you have gone, that is how he found you so easily." I shrugged and picked it up.

I put it on speaker as told by Lucian. "Hello?" I answered. "S...Sammy baby is t...that you?" Katie. "Katie? Baby tell me you are alright" I said. "I...I am fine b...but I am in pain. David said he will take me to the hospital but as I walked out someone got me. I don't know who and I don't remember how." I wanted to kill someone. Why? Why her too? Every single one... "Where are you? Can you tell me anything? Anything at all, sounds, lights, or anything that can help?" I asked.

"I am in cold dark room, there is a window which shows sky, full moon. And, I can hear water. Other than that, nothing. Sammy tell me am I not going to see my baby born? Am I not going to hear the word mom?" "Oh no, you will Katie, just don't give up. I will save you I promise. I promised your mother, haven't I? I never did forget about that promise baby, I am not going to break it." I heard her sob.

"Sammy, it is not long before I am going to give birth please come and get me, I am in unbearable pain. Please, I... I don't want to die" No you will not die not in my watch Katie. "Hold on Katie. I am going to save you, I promise." I promise no more deaths on my watch.