Chapter 9

Payback: Best served Cold

The FBI guys came and stood in front of them. Or I guess they were from FBI. I looked at Daisy. "You have outdone yourself this time Miss June" "I take that as a compliment, so where is my reward?" She asked. "In due time Miss June, don't be so impatient." I said standing up.

"My son never did possess any drugs. He was never linked with any thing like that. In fact he always did was honest labour." I snorted and he looked at me. "Very gentleman like Mr. King" Daisy commented. "Don't blame me. I am allergic to lies"

"You, it was you isn't it? You did this. You..." He hit me hard. The men ran to protect me but I stopped them. "No, this is my fight. No one will come forward. And furthermore, don't you see here what is happening? This is what a helpless father looks like. He is still very much delusional about his son, or maybe not. Maybe he is also into this business with him."

"You are lying you have set this all up. Haven't you? I should have known when you accepted that invitation of attending this wedding, you would have done something like this, after all she was about to marry you before she chose my son. Isn't it true?" I looked into Iris's eyes and dared her to lie about this. She looked down not uttering a word. It thought so too.

"About her choosing someone else other than me, she cannot, not legally anyways. Because then she would be committing adultery, and she would be breaching the contract that states she had to be married to me at least five years. Which she is unfortunately for you. And because she have a husband she cannot get married twice. That's the law."

Mr. King looked at Iris with angry eyes and she cowered with fear. What was that all about? Is there something vital I am missing? "You are wrong, she is engaged to be married to my son for three long years. How could she be married to you? You are lying on my face. But of course that is what you do, you lie and you cheat to get what you need"

"Looks like you are describing yourself." I said to him. "I am not describing..." "Mr. Prince, move away, whatever allegations you may have, you can take them to curt later, that is if you have a proof against my client." Oh Miss June come through she also is a prosecutor. So, these things needs her close attention doesn't it?

I am just happy she is here with me.

"You...You..." My father hit me again. "Another charge, you assaulted my client." The man nodded, "give up old man, I am not naïve enough to come here without any proof against you?" I asked. "And if you didn't then..." "Stop," I heard her voice. It was Iris. She was looking at me. She was looking at me.

"Please stop" She said. "It is me you want don't you? Take me and leave them alone. I cannot take it anymore." I walked up to her and stood in front of her. "I told you before it is not about you. It is never about you. You had your chance, but you turned me away. Now, you don't have any kind of influence over me or my thoughts." She gasped.

"You hold no meaning in my life, Just a wife in name. And that you will be for rest of your existence. I will deal with you later, Miss Morgan." Her eyes watered, it phased me, it pained me but I held on. She is my greatest weakness, but that is something for only I to know, just me no one else. I walked towards my father.

"Now, you don't scare me a bit. I see you for what you are a sad lonely man, who have nothing to call his own. Whose existence doesn't matter. You have reduced yourself to that nothingness." I whispered. He looked at me angrily. "You were never being my son; you were never..." "Enough..." I said.

"Now, if you are trying to protect your precious son, you have to give up your company. Are you willing?" I asked. "No...anything but my company. It is my legacy" I wanted to laugh. "Think again, I thought your son is your Legacy not that piece of stone and dust."