Chapter 17

A trip to paradise

We landed at the scheduled time at Paris. Once again I was forced to succumb to the confinements of the wheel chair I begin to hate so much now. But I can do nothing about it unfortunately. It is because of my father I cannot walk properly right now.

 I cannot believe how he slipped passed all the hospital security. Or maybe it was all just a coincidence? But if it was how he can get his hands on such a powerful neurotoxin? It is simply impossible to harness something like that without being undetected.

We all headed for Lucian's vacation home. It was a nice place. And he assured me it was safe too. I hope he have some trusted guards on his side, because at this point, I don't know whom to trust anymore. And it scares me how much he had control over everything. I cannot just stand it. And I cannot let him harm my family more than he already has.

"Are you alright?" Iris asked worriedly. Last thing I want her to be is worried about me. She has lots to take care of on her own plate. I don't want her to worry about me. She sat down beside me looking into my eyes.

 "Don't lie to me, I am with you now for some time and I know very well when you try to lie to me" She touched my cheek. I closed my eyes sighing. "Yes, I know, there is nothing I can hide from you, but that doesn't mean that you should be worried about me. You need to be happy as the doctor said you should."

She stood up. And walked towards the luggage she was carrying with her. And then took something out. "You didn't know but you were burned, and for that you needed skin grafting, which in general language is known as plastic surgery. You have shielded me from the blast and took on everything and what I did? I had only hurt you Samuel. I don't know how I am going to repay you back ever" She told me. "You don't need to, I would have protected you baby, how could I not? You are not just my wife, you are my soul mate." She smiled.

"I need to change your dressing every second day. And there are some medications you need to take. Tell me if you are in pain, I will give you some pain medication if you needed that." She told me. "Shall I take off my clothes?" I asked. "Yes, it will help me in changing the dressing." She said. I removed my suit jacket. Her eyes were trained on me whole time.

I slowly opened the buttons of my shirt feeling her gaze on me all the time. She licked her lips trying to remove the dryness from it. I can feel her desire unfolding within her eyes. She wanted me but she will not make a move or initiate it. I know it very well. I get it off keeping my eyes on her all the time. I took off my shirt and threw it down on the floor. "I am done, you can do your work now baby" I am giving you a free rein over myself love take it.

She came towards me and touched my torso till she reached the bandages, I on the other hand was enjoying this special treat too well. "It is healing good, few more days and it will be good." I nodded. Perhaps I should go on for a body art once it heals. And perhaps it should be a special something belong to her.

"It's done" She said but still didn't moved her hand from my torso. "I think there is something else that will need your attention love." She looked at me her eyes sparkling with amazement. This is the Iris I know and I fell for. This girl with her eyes full of amazement.

 "What you need me to do Mr. King?" She asked. I pulled her towards me and she gasped "I didn't knew wives get to call their husbands by their last name, it makes me feel more like your boss than your companion hermosa. But that will change soon because we are in city of love. City where the term love means life."

I saw her sleeping peacefully beside me. I on the other hand cannot fall asleep. It had been two days since I am here and Iris had taken me to physiotherapists. And I am now feeling a little better can walk with help of crutches. But sometimes when I sleep, I see his face, like right now, that nightmares have kept me awake. I carefully walk out of the bed without waking her up. She needs her sleep.