Chapter 20

About the night

She looked out of the window looking out of it. I don't know what was going with her. She looked very much tensed. Her shoulders were stiff as she stair into the open skies. I wonder what is going on in her mind. "Baby, you alright?" I asked.

 "No, nothing is alright. I still feel it you know? I still feel as he hit me again and again and again and he..." She paused.

"What baby? What happened to you that night?" I asked. "If I tell you will you look at me differently? Will you turn away from me like everyone did? Like you did before?" Oh Iris. I pulled her to me holding her in my arms. I placed a kiss on her forehead.

 "Never, I will never turn away from you not for anything and that is something I can promise to do and I will do baby, I am not leaving you alone, not for anything." I whispered.

She looked into my eyes. "That night when you left me alone fending for myself, I thought no matter what I did that one mistake would cost me everything, everything including my marriage, my love and my child. I didn't know how else to convince you that what I did wasn't intentional. I never wished to hurt you. And that fire, that fire too wasn't intentional. They forced me so that they can harm April."

I looked at her she was crying. I held her. "I tried to save her. I did and I would have succeeded but it wasn't meant to be. They took her away from me, I tried to prevent it but the fire it was too strong. Too much for me to handle." I rubbed her back. "It's alright baby. It's alright no need to cry, it's ok at least you tried, didn't you?" I asked. "But I failed, just like I would have failed if you haven't come that night."

I held her cheeks with both my hand wiping her tears. "What happened, tell me I promise I will not judge, ok baby?" She nodded. "That night, He came. It was a delivery guy, I was carving something spicy, so I ordered and he delivered. I didn't know it was him." Him? "Who baby?" I asked. "Mr. Prince." No how the hell he reached there; my guards should have checked everyone properly before letting them enter.

"He blamed me for everything, he accused that because of me his business is in jeopardy and that is son is in prison, someplace he cannot even reach and it is all because of me." She looked at me with fear in her eyes.

 "He didn't know I was pregnant, if he knew he would have harmed my baby. I tried to protect her, best I could, I protected your daughter and took the blows that came my way. But it was not where he stopped, he... he..." She burst into tears again.

"What? What he did?" I asked. "He tried to have..." I know what he did exactly. "It's alright baby, I am here... I am here..." I pulled her to me tightly. "It is not alright, nothing is alright. He was inside me I can feel him touching me, still... every time I close my eyes, every single time, I see him. I see him laughing, mocking me. Trying to complete what he started"

I stroked her hairs, "Please don't cry love, don't cry" I whispered. "I want to forget it, all he did, I want to forget, I am tired of waking up screaming every night, knowing the help will never come, help will never ever come. Because the person who betrays the one they love, they don't deserve to be saved. They don't deserve to be..." 

She started to breathe hard, "Baby don't say like that, I am here, with you next to you, baby don't, don't you dare think you are alone ok, breathe baby, breathe." I whispered.

"I want to forget, I want to... please Sam, make me forget, make me forget him. I don't want to remember what he did to me. I want to..." I kissed her tears away. "Tell me how can I? tell me what you want me to do and I will do it, I will do anything to make you happy again." I said. "Can you love me like you used to? Can you not hate me for what I did? Can we start again? Just like we were before all this happened?" I stood up looking into her eyes.