Chapter 25

Without a doubt

I was looking at them, Landon, Ezra, Lucian, Damien and David. "What do you think? Will my idea work?" I asked. "It can if you take out that I am going to be there. I am not always the most welcoming faces among those crowds." Landon said. "But Landon, how you know unless you try?" I asked.

 He shied getting up and looking out of his cabin doors. "I know some acts are unforgivable, you might have forgave me Samuel, but they will not. And beside I have done many horrible things in my life, I must pay for all those deeds, maybe this is how."

"Well I know one thing, that everyone should get a chance of redemption" Ezra said. Coming from his mouth those words seems to be wise, a little too wise. But I cannot agree more, everyone should have a chance of redemption in their life. Landon to deserve that chance. I am organizing a birthday party for Rosa, and I think Landon should too be present there as a big brother. We need to be strong as a family.

I think I am going to organize it in the restaurant we have met first. Good old memories and it would be just the perfect place to start it all. And a perfect place for him to begin again. I am perfectly sure that this will be something he needs in his life. As his big brother, I think I should make sure he remains happy too. But can I really account for his happiness? All I can do is talk to him and make him understand. But it is totally his choice what he wishes to do.

"I think you should come Landon, beside we all can use some help. The more the merrier isn't it how the saying goes?" Lucian says. Landon looked at us. "I will think about it, her birthday isn't until the end of this week, I will let you know Samuel" He said still very sad. I know what I see, I see the signs of old me in him. And that was not very good time for me. It was the time I wish I can forget, sadly I cannot.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me giving me a small smile. "Please do consider, you are family Landon, and I want our family, no matter how little it maybe to be together, and you can meet mom too. I know she will adore you."

 I mean I was happy but now, I feel complete, that is about the best thing of having a family to call your own. "I guess, it can be exciting. But tell me something Samuel, could she call me a son, knowing that I too was a part that somewhere destroyed her family?" He asked me.

I shook my head "Landon, you are assuming the worst of everything." I said. "AM I wrong to assume that Samuel? When I am the Worst in that sentence?" He asked. "It is not true, you didn't knew the truth about him, just like I didn't at one time. But that doesn't makes you the worse, as I said it only makes you a victim of his cruel ways. He only brought out the worst in you, I don't think that is something that matters anymore. Since you know now, you can make a life for yourself out of his shadows Landon."

"Can I Sam? After all I wasn't just naïve, I was just ignorant of the signs, signs that I had shown again and again but, I chose not to see them. Not like you. You have saw them and you have acted on your instinct. And you had made a name, a life out of his shadow, I on the other hand didn't wanted to believe you, because at a time I thought he was my savior, my hero." 

Wish I could tell you exactly how my life went after I left him. As much as I think of the times all I get is the glimpse in the darkness, my own darkness. And I would have that darkness if I haven't got Katie or I haven't got Rosa. But since I had them, they had kept that darkness in bay. I want to do the same for you.

I saw I was alone with Landon, they had given us some privacy which I appreciate. I patted his back. "Landon, I will wait for you at my restaurant, I would appreciate if you give a surprise to your little sister too." With that said I left. I wish I could do something more. But what I can do? Losing a child and their first would hurt, so much. I cannot ever imagine not seeing my princess's firsts.