Chapter 5

An unlikely visitor

Hawaii, it was a place of dream, especially if you are a bachelor, but sadly for me I am married man. Still, that marriage is somehow doesn't count. That is the reason I have a girl in my bed now. It is Friday already and tomorrow, I am going to face my father and her. And again, I have courage to face my father, but her? I am not quite sure about that.

See the thing is, when I was in states it seem way easier, I had thought I can do this, that I was stronger and I have the strength to do this, but as I landed here, the first thing I did was pick up the flight attendant and took her to my bed. I don't know why? I was just trying to prove I can survive without her.

"What time is it?" The beauty asked. "almost one in noon, may I know why?" I asked. "I have to meet someone." I chuckled. "Boyfriend?" I asked. "More like an on and off kind of relationship" She told me. "Then you should probably tell him, how you feel, get it off your chest. And..." I pulled some thousand dollar bills off my pocket. "Treat yourself, and then when you look gorgeous approach him."

"You are an relationship advisor now?" "No, but I like the girls who looks good." I smiled. I got dressed after she left. I had to attained a three o clock meeting by the beach area. They are planning to do business with Ezra, so he wasn't present he wanted me to represent his company. I wonder who else is trying for the deal. Probably once I reach there I will find out.

The car drive was silent with only Ezra's secretary giving me details upon the deal. I know I can crack it. I have to. I reached towards the sight. I saw there was a hotel. What they are doing in this hotel? It is not even up to the mark. I have no idea what Ezra is planning to do, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be a mistake from his side.

I felt my phone vibrate. I picked it up without looking. "King" "Samuel" I heard her voice. "Iris, what is it now? I am busy." I told her. For some reason her voice now begins to irritate me. I don't know why.

"I am sorry I have called you and bothered you." She told me. It felt bad from within, telling him like that. "What is it?" I asked. "I am sorry, I shouldn't have called." She told me. Then she cut the call. I called back but it went to voice mail. I don't feel so good about it. I don't feel so good about her calling me this way and then not telling what is wrong. I want to know, what is happening to her, what is going on her side. And I am not very comfortable with being kept in dark.

I looked at the crowd, I know what it is, it is an auction, and this hotel is the prize that is why Ezra wanted me here, no one can crack an auction like I can. So, as my gift I might just give it to him. I sat down on my designated place and they offered drinks. I can see why not, I am after all in Hawaii.

With the corner of my eyes I checked my competition, there are many but one of them particularly grabbed my interest, reason? He looked exactly like my father, Sorry sperm donor would be sufficing title for that man. But he is not quite him. So that means he is my half bastard brother.

The bastard who thinks he can marry my wife. Like he can.

"The auction today is for this hotel, the bid will start at million dollars." Just million? Closing off so cheap? Why? But I guess if Ezra is interested then I am too, I am going to take it home. Or on the go, whatever he likes to do, I am here to deliver. "Ten" I said.

"five"

He smirked and looked at me. Oh no, you are just starting the school buddy, I am the principal, you know what that means don't you? I am taking this deal away. You don't stay a chance.

"ten"

Oh he escalated fast, but he can only get too far, before he crumbles down. And I am not sure he can take that, for anything. Father will not be going to be so proud knowing his proud and joy cannot do a simple job.

"Twenty"

My bet he is going to up it a notch. But not much, because there is a limitation to what he can bid on, I and Ezra on the other hand don't. And that makes us, invincible.

"thirty"

He said. Like I said not much, just up a notch. But he is about to learn his limitation and soon enough he will learn not to mess with the master.

"forty" I said

"fifty"

Oh, going for bigger bets? Good, now let's crash this party.

"One billion"

Everyone looked at me with shock. I saw him fiddling with his ear. Oh an earphone, so someone was guiding him, I bet I know who it was. And he won't be so happy with it. He just lost the deal.

"Going once"

I looked at him and he just glared.

"Going twice"

He cannot do anything now.

"Sold, to the gentleman in blue" I am going to love this colour and this sweet, sweet victory. "You haven't won yet, you know that very well don't you?" He said as he walked away. Oh you wish, that I don't but actually... you cannot because well... you don't have the brains, nor the resources to back you up.

I walked back and texted Ezra about the deal. The night begin to fall, the sun was setting. I was enjoying the wonderful view by the beach from my suite of my hotel. Perhaps, I can go to some bar and pick someone up?

Tomorrow is the wedding, her wedding. And this makes me think what am I doing here? Katie was right. I shouldn't have come here, I shouldn't have. It was all a very bad idea. Very bad indeed. I cannot watch her taking the same vows with someone else. I just cannot.

Somehow, for some reason she feels mine. And I don't like to share in any case. I don't want her to marry someone else. I cannot just... I poured another drink to me. I know, it is bad, but I cannot help it. I just wish I can become numb to this constant ache in my heart.

But I cannot, these tiny pieces which it broken into, hurts bad. Each time I remember, it is like they open wounds on my flesh, cutting it again and again. I don't know if this pain will ever stop. If there is a solution to this.

I don't know that, I don't know anything. I threw the glass down shattering it into pieces. Now it is as broken as I am and there isn't a way to fix it.

Like no one can fix me anymore

Nothing can fix me, not even her. I have just crossed the point of no return and there isn't a going back to the place I have been. No way of becoming the man I was, and what I left behind. When she walked away, she had took it all from me and there is no way, I can ever recover from that.

Suddenly someone knocked my door. I looked at the time, it was nine at night. Who can this be now?

I opened it and my heart skipped a beat, all that pain I felt just gone away, she is here, she had found me.

Hermosa

"Samuel" She whispered and flunged herself in my arms.

 Word Count: 1344 Words