{ 4 }

{ M a s o n }
*Around two weeks later, the day before Warped*

"Mason, get up we want to go to the beach today!" Nat shrieks in my ear. I'm regretting letting Nat and Lili sleeping at my house now. Nat wakes up early and Lili is just Lili.
"Who's we?" I ask and sit up.
"Uhm, Me, you, Nat, Hayden, Finn, Evan." Lili smiles, walking through my door in a grey bathing suit.
"I'm getting dressed then." I laugh and rummage through my drawers to find my bathing suit, Lili and Nat go downstairs so I can get dressed as the doorbell rings.
I'm thankful my school is closed today, I get to have a fun day with my friends. Yes I class Hayden and Finn as my friends, Evan too. I don't know how I feel really.
I find the blue bathing suit I'm looking for, put it on and grab a black skirt, but decide to run around the house in just a bathing suit for now. I brush my teeth and pull my hair into a messy ponytail.
I grab my skirt and a bag with the rest of my things in. "I'll see you later Ma." I smile as she goes downstairs in front of me.
"Have fun, stay safe." She smiles back and leaves. My Mom is quite anti-social.
"I'm ready!" I yell and slip into my skirt. "Lili! What did you do with my sandals?"
"Dumb ass," she begins. "They're there." She finishes, pointing to the spot next to me. I shrug and slip my feet into the sandals.
Eventually, we all get out of the house and make our way to the beach.

{ J u s t i n }

"I want to go somewhere!" I whine. "It's Cali guys! Hot girls, hot weather. C'mon there's a beach like a five minute walk."
"YAYY!" Gabe yells. I put on some swimming shorts and a plain white shirt.
I found the beach last night when I went for a walk, it seemed cool then, hopefully it's not covered in trash.
"PTV is coming with us too." Kellin says and squishes past me to the bunk area.
"That's fine with me." I shrug.
*
"Beachhh!" Tony yells and starts to run. I laugh and pick up the strap on my backpack, starting to run after him.
"It's a race!" I yell and run as fast as my legs can take me.
I didn't lose. That's the best part. "Here's good." Jack says and lays down his towel, already ripping off his shirt. I do the same and bury my feet in the hot sand.
I've been better without Steph, I haven't met anyone else, but it's early days right? Sure she was-
"Woah." I look behind me to see a girl laying a towel down. She's like nothing ever before. She's got blonde and blue hair styled artfully into a messy ponytail, and she's wearing a darker blue bathing suit that looks great on her.
"You all suck," I hear her laugh. "I hate all you children." I laugh a little too and raise my eyebrow. She raises her eyebrow back, a smirk plastered to her face. I blink and sharply zone back into the guys conversation. She sits next to a guy who rests his hand on her thigh.
My heart just sunk. It made me feel something. I don't know.

{ M a s o n }

"Mas," Lili whispers in my ear. "That guy was totally checking you out."
"You think I couldn't tell?" I laugh and stand up, pushing Evan's hand off me. He's so clingy. Ugh. "I'm going to get a drink." I rush off before I Evan gets the chance to follow.
I buy a can of soda and slowly start to walk back to them, humming All Time Low to myself. "Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my- Oof." I groan and crash into someone. "Fuck." I mutter and stand up.
"I'm so sorry." He cringes.
"It's fine. I've always wanted a stalker." I smirk. He laughs and shakes his head. "Honestly, I'm fine. Go back to your friends."
"Okay, I'll see you around, maybe..."
"Awesome. I'm Mason." I smile.
"Justin." He nods once and returns to his friends.
I put in my earphones and play Paramore, ignoring Evan completely. He keeps trying to pull me into a hug and cuddle me. I don't want it. It's wrong to me. It doesn't feel right. I don't know what to feel.
"Mason, what's wrong honey?" He asks. I shoot straight up and walk off, clutching my phone in my hand desperately. "Mason!" He shouts after me.
"Go away!" I shout.
"What? You can't tell me that!"
"I think I just did. I don't know anymore Evan." I look at the floor. "I don't think we can be together."
"Look me in the eye and tell me that Mason Giovanna. Tell me you didn't feel a thing."
"I didn't feel a thing. I don't love you and I don't think I ever did." I laugh, looking him straight in the eye. Evan grabs his stuff and leaves.
"You're blocking my sun." Justin laughs from beneath me with his friends. I roll my eyes and scowl.
"Are you okay?" One of his friends asks.
"I bet that was a show for you all right?" I mumble. "I gotta go. Sorry."
*
I tried to enjoy the rest of my day but I couldn't. I had to go home.
"Aw, here." Lili passes me the tea I wanted.
"Thanks Lili." Nat looks so helpless. "I don't know what hurt more: Telling Evan I didn't love him anymore, I felt bad, or the fact that there was a group of strangers that witnessed it." I sniffle and sip my tea.
"You probably won't see those strangers again, it's fine." Nat shrugs.
"Not. Helping." Lili glares at Nat. I laugh to myself and take big gulps of the hot liquid.
"She's right, Lili. I'm gonna go to sleep. We have to be up early." They move off my bed and I switch the lamp off, lying down.
I sure hope I don't see them again. Or do I? It was embarrassing though! I made a fool of myself! In front of that guy too.