{ 25 }

{ M a s o n }
*11 Months Later*

It still hurts to think about it, I've had sickness and I've been told, by a doctor, that I'm pregnant?! I'm only 20!
I close the car door and walk straight to my art class, which is full of idiots.
"Sorry I'm late sir, I had a hospital appointment." I say to him and hand him the doctors note, then sit down in my seat at the front. "Is everything okay, Mason?" Mr Davies asks me as he sets the rest of the class off with their work.
"It's fine sir, nothing I can't handle." I smile and turn around to see a group of guys looking at me, the usual assholes.
"Mason, it's not what this note says, it says that... You're pregnant." He whispers. Why didn't I read the damn thing?
"I know that, sir, I can handle this, Justin and I can." I say, my voice still at it's normal loudness. The worst thing to do is be quiet about it, it'll make everyone suspicious. "I'll ask for your help if I need it." I tell him, he nods and walks off.
*
Slowly, I walk to my English class, thinking about everything. It's so much already.
"Mason, babe, what's up?" One of the guys asks.
"First of all, I'm not your babe, I have a boyfriend, and second of all, like I'd tell you."
Justin: What did the doctor say? x
Me: I'll come round after college x
"Is it personal then?"
"Give her a break guys!" Lili shouts from across the courtyard and walks over to my side. "What is it, Mas?"
"Oh, Lili, the doctors said..." I lower my tone. "I'm pregnant." Her eyes widen and I can't read her expression.
"That's great!" I didn't expect that. I thought she'd rant at me, but obviously not. "I'm happy for you, now let's get going." She hooks her arm through mine and drags me toward our class.
*
"Justin!" I yell.
"Living room!" He yells back, I follow the sound of his voice and sit down next to him. "What's up, babe?" He kisses my forehead.
"What's up?" I snap. "I've been told that I'm pregnant, that's what." I shake my head.
"What?!" He exclaims, staring at me with wide eyes. I expected him to react badly. I just knew it.
"It doesn't even matter." I shake my head and stand up, he grabs my wrist.
"No, we're keeping it. Okay?" He says, looking at me with kind eyes. I smile and drop back down, cuddling into his side. "It'll be okay, Mas. I love you and that's all that matters for now."

{ J u s t i n }

Mason had to go back early, she had coursework, so that gives me time to go out.
Why?
To go and get an engagement ring, she needs to know I'm serious, she's already got a promise ring. I need to make it official.
*
I walk into the jewellers and go up to the counter. "Uhm, hey." I say. The young woman looks up and smiles.
"What can I do for you?"
"I want to buy an engagement ring for my girlfriend, could you help me? It's just she's pregnant, I need to show her I'm serious."
"Follow me sir." She takes me over to a section full of sparkling rings. "Does she have a specific taste?"
"Knowing Mason, something not to sparkly, just simple, maybe with just one gem stone on it."
We discuss a few things, price isn't an issue for me, but I go with something that is still pretty, but cheaper to some of the other ones there.
"Good luck, sir." She smiles and hands me the box, I tuck it into my pocket and run out to my car.
Tonight's the night!
She should say yes, right?
I know it's a little fast, but I need to show her I'm serious.
I really am!
*
"Mason?" I open the front door.
"Hey." She smiles from the couch and turns back to whatever wacky TV show she's watching. "I'm watching British drama, it's called Sherlock." She tells me.
"That's great." I laugh. "Where's Lili?"
"Some sort of date, I don't know. She disappears on me too much lately." Mason laughs, throwing her head back a little. "Did you want something?"
"Yes, I did." I start, she gestures for me to carry on. "Sorry, I zoned out there. But, Mas, I want to show you that I'm serious, we're committing here, having a baby."
"Right..." She looks at me wearily. "You're not asking to be blood brothers, that's deep."
"No, Mason, take me seriously here, I'm asking you to marry me." I kneel down and pull out the box. Her eyes widen, I'm guessing I had the same reaction earlier.
"Justin, wow. Yes!" She exclaims and attacks me with a huge hug, but then pulls back and kisses me. I slip the ring onto her finger, joining it with the simple silver promise ring I got her for her twentieth birthday two months ago. "This looks expensive Justin..."
"I don't care." I tell her and push her hand back. "Tic tac, no take backs!"
"You're such a kid." She laughs. "But I do love you." Laughing, she attacks me with kisses.
"Right then, kiddo, I'll go now, you've got college tomorrow." I tease.
"Yeah, because you're gonna marry a kid." She rolls her eyes. "Goodnight, Mr Hills."
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Sorry it's short, buttttt..... I love this
Not gonna be plain sailing! There's gonna be about 2 more chapters to this, I'm sorry it's so short and you're gonna hate me for the ending I have planned guys. Eek! I'm prepared for it though.