{ 23 }

{ M a s o n }

*On Friday*

Pulling my ponytail tighter, I sigh of relief. I'm in Florida, one step closer to Justin. I push my glasses further up the bridge of my nose and walk down the steps of the plane, heading into the large airport.
"Wait upppp!" Lili whines. "I know you want to see Justin, but just wait. We've gotta get a cab anyway."
"Fine, but you must stop walking at the speed of a snail!" She rolls her eyes and I grab her arm, pulling her along behind me.
She's right, of course I want to see Justin! We're just friends now, but I don't want to leave Florida like that! I hope he doesn't see me as just a friend now, I pushed him away though. Ugh.
We grab our cases off of the conveyor belt and head towards the exit. "What's his address again?" She asks.
"Uhm," I pull my phone out of my back pocket and check it.
*
"Thanks." Lili pays the cab driver for me while I grab the cases out of the back. Somehow that was a fair deal to her? I drag them up to his front door and ring the bell. "Jus-" I begin, but a woman answers the door, she's a tiny bit older than me. "Is Justin there?" I ask, licking my lips.
"Yeah, come in." She smiles. Why is she being nice? Who is she? "I'm Alyssa." I just nod, I was contemplating saying 'I don't care' but that would've been very rude. "He's in the kitchen, just through there." I drop the cases and walk through to where she directed me.
"Hey!" He cheers and slides off the countertop.
"Who is she?" I ask. "I'm just getting this out of the way."
"She? Alyssa? Alyssa is my sister." He laughs. "You're funny."
"I don't intend to be. Now hug me." I laugh and he wraps his arms around me, but then picks me up and spins me around. "Put me down." I pound my fist on his chest, but he doesn't put me down and carries me into the living room while I'm on his shoulder. Still not letting go. Lili is already with Alyssa somewhere, so I take the opportunity and kiss behind his ear. "Mason." He says sternly.
"Put me down then." I say, trying to be sassy.
"We need to talk. Don't you think?" I shrug and play it off. "About us, Mason." Sighing, I nod and sit on the big couch.
"What is there to talk about, Justin?"
"I can't just live in a house with you for two weeks and act as friends, Mas. That's the problem. I couldn't control myself. I messed up, I get it. But I still really like you. Maybe you'd consider moving to Florida in your own place to continue with your studies?" He asks.
"To be with you?" He nods, then blushes. "Wow. That's a big question. I- I'd really like that."
"I'm sorry I know it was a stupid idea, just-" He stops. "Wait what? You said yes?"
"Of course I said yes, I've been waiting to get out of shitty Long Beach for my whole life. Lili would move with me too."
"We could get serious then, Mas." Justin smiles.
"If that's how it'll play out." I tell him, hoping for an elaboration. He grins, then raises his eyebrow. I know Justin Hills quite well by now, and he won't leave it at that.
"Well, would you consider being my girlfriend again, Mason?" He asks, one of the many questions already. I nod so much, I think that my head might fall off! I kiss him out of happiness.
Alyssa clears her throat behind us. "Hope I'm not interrupting, big bro."
"No, not at all, Lyss." He shrugs.
"Well, I'm going home now. See you around." She smirks and leaves.
*
I need to ask Lili about moving here. It'd be easy to find some place here, Justin said there's an apartment complex somewhere around here and there's loads for sale!
"Lili," I say and sit down next to her. "Can we talk?" I ask. She nods.
"What's it about, Mas?"
"Uhm, would you consider perhaps moving here with me? It's just Justin bought it up and I think it's a great idea. I'd go to Uni here and we could rent an apartment."
"Stop rambling!" She laughs, throwing her head back. Is that a good response or a bad one? I don't get it. "Of course I'd move here with you! It'd be awesome!" She exclaims, hugging me tightly.
It's a huge relief. I really didn't think she'd say yes. I just can't believe it.
Lili is my best friend and we been talk about this for ages. But now it's finally happening.
The next step is convincing my mom. That's the hard part. The extremely hard part.
I think she'd find it extremely hard giving me up like that, letting me move to Florida at the snap of my fingers.
She needs to understand that I am an adult now and I'm capable of making my own decisions.
Justin and I are taking it slow, and I'm going to be adult about it.
It's like the childishness went with the blue hair, down the plug hole.
I'll call her another day, she couldn't take it if I called her the first day. It'd break her heart, but it has to be done at least a week later.
"So?" Justin asks as I close the fridge door, he's leaning against the wall next to me.
"So? Lili's in, looks like I just have to tell the mother, then I'm moving to Florida." His eyes light up. "Hey! The big boss hasn't agreed yet, Justin."
"Oh. But she should, right?" I nod, agreeing that she should. "Are you feeling okay after the flight?" He asks.
"I'm great, why?"
"Do you fancy going out for dinner with the guys, and some of their friends. Like a one for friends."
"That sounds great." I smile and run my hand through my knotted ponytail, then pick up my thin framed glasses of the side next to me, slipping them on.
"Father did you miss me?
I've been locked up a while.
I got caught for what I did but took it all in style.
Laid to rest all my confessions I gave way back when.
Now I'm versed in so much worse,"
I sing quietly as I wash some of the dishes that are piling up by Justin's sink, he's a slob sometimes.
"What you singinggg?" Justin asks in a whiney tone.
"I'm singinggg my own song," I tell him and place a dish on the drying rack. "Do you happen to have a guitar, by any chance?"
"Electric or Acoustic."
"Both are perfect, thanks." I drain the sink, dry my hands and head down the hall to where he directs me into a quite big practice room, bass guitars mainly laying against the wall, but there's a couple of electric and acoustic guitars in the corner.
I pick up a red and white electric guitar and sit down for a while, Justin has a note pad and pen on the side so I write random lyrics down on the side, they all come together eventually.
*
"GOT IT!" I shout and throw the pen the other side of the room, not on purpose, just out of joy! I've been sat leaning against the wall in here for close to three hours to try and figure out this song.
"What the-" Justin starts as he pokes his head through the door, to see me smiling like crazy and dancing slightly. "Done it?"
"I certainly have, Mr Hills. I have two songs figured out now." I sit back down, he sits next to me.
"Can you let me hear the new one?" He asks, kissing my cheek. I nod and pick the guitar back up, then starting to play.
{AN// These are Taylor Momsen's lyrics in real life, all credit goes to her! <3
You can also skip the italics if you don't want to read the lyrics! }
"Father did you miss me?
I've been locked up a while.
I got caught for what I did but took it all in style.
Laid to rest all my confessions I gave way back when.
Now I'm versed in so much worse,
So I am back again.
And he said
For the lines that I take, I'm going to hell!
For the love that I make, I'm going to hell!
Gettin' heavy with the devil, you can hear the wedding bells.
Father did you miss me?
Don't ask me where I've been.
You know I know,
Yes, I've been told I redefine a sin.
I don't know what's driving me to put this in my head.
Maybe I wish I could die, maybe I am dead!
And he said
For the lives that I fake, I'm going to hell!
For the vows that I break, I'm going to hell!
For the ways that I hurt, while I'm hiking up my skirt.
I am sitting on a throne while they're buried in the dirt.
For the man that I hate, I'm going to hell!
Gettin' heavy with the devil, you can hear the wedding bells.
Please forgive me father,
I didn't mean to bother you.
The devil's in me father.
He's inside of everything I do.
For the life that I take, I'm going to hell!
For the laws that I break, I'm going to hell!
For the love that I hate, I'm going to hell!
For the lies that I make, I'm going to hell!
For the way I condescend and never lend a hand.
My arrogance is making this head buried in the sand.
For the souls I forsake, I'm going to hell!
Gettin' married to the devil, you can hear the wedding bells."
I finish and smile, proud of my three hours and many months of coming up with random lines.
"That was great, Mas!" He kisses me, I break off and put the guitar down, but then kiss him again.
"Thanks for letting me use the guitar."
"It's fine, now go get ready, we're going out in like an hour and a half."
"Okay, see you in a bit then."