{ 5 }

{ J u s t i n }

All say yesterday, the guys were messing with me about that girl. And they were poking a bit of fun at her argument, not her, well how 'brave' and other things she was, but that guys face. It was very funny. He wasn't expecting her to say that. That's what made it funny. "Jack, get up. We're playing today, remember?" Jack grunts and rolls out of his bunk.
"Shit." He says, slightly muffled by being face flat on the floor. "Where are we anyway?"
"On the bus." I shrug.
"Haha. You're so funny, Justin. Where are we playing?" He says sarcastically.
"Cali." I reply simply and go to get dressed. Kellin starts to sing really loudly. "Shut up!" We all yell. Bad move. He tries to sing it like an opera. I got to the back lounge to see him running across the couches, jumping from one to another, singing at the top of his lungs. "Kellin!" I shout, he slips and fall onto the floor. All the laughter I was holding in, slips out. I quickly take a picture.
'Kellin Quinn everyone, jumping from couch to couch, singing... Opera?! Note: if you interrupt him, he will fall onto the floor!'
I post it to Instagram with a smug smile. "I broke my butt." He whines.
"I bet Vic would kiss it better." Gabe yells.
"Vic will kiss what better?"
"You came onto the bus at the wrong time, Fuentes!" I tell him as he squeezes past me. "Kellin fell and thinks he broke his butt and Gabe thinks you'll kiss his butt better."
"Ermm. You were right, I came round at the wrong time. For the record, I will not be kissing any butts!"
"I can't believe I'm in a band with you guys. Not you Vic." I say and go to make food. "How's your blue haired girlfriend anyway?" Vic asks and sits on the couch in the front lounge. "I'm just gonna ignore you now."
"Justin's in LOVEEE!" Kellin tries to sing in his opera voice.
Are you trying to get bitch slapped?" I ask him.
"Probably." Jack answers for him.
"Losers."

{ M a s o n }

"LILI, NAT, GET THE HELL UP!! WARPED TOUR!!" I shout. They groan in response, I run into Hayden's room to wake him up too. "HAYDEN, FINN, WARPED TOUR!!" I run back into my room, grab the outfit Lili and Nat helped me put together, along with underwear, and go into the bathroom to shower. I'm unbelievably excited by now. I know that my best friends are going to drag me to some bands set that I've barely even heard of, it's fair because I'm taking them to see Of Mice & Men's set, they don't mind them and we are all going to see All Time Low. "Hurry up! I need to shower too!" Hayden bangs on the door, yelling and more knocking. I dry myself off and get dressed. "All yours bro." I plug in my hair dryer, dry my hair and then straighten it."Pretty! Pretty! Pretty!" Lili skips into my bedroom, flicks my hair up and skips over to the bed. "Thanks for that." I roll my eyes and smooth my hair back down. "And Nat, don't you dare steal my shoes today!" I yell to Nat, who's doing her makeup. She rolls her eyes and carries on. I lace up my shoes and grab my checkered backpack that slouches to the bottom of my back. I don't know about them, but I'm ready.
*
So many people. It's awesome! I love Warped Tour already!
"Right, Hayden, call me if there's a problem, my phones on loud. I'll meet you here whenever." I shrug. Hayden and Finn nod, then run into a crowd moving towards a small stage.
Lili, Nat and I link arms and I walk wherever they are leading me.
"SLEEPING WITH SIRENS!" Lili yells and I run after her into a crowd gathering around a stage. We lost Nat to a guy somewhere, but I managed to make it to the front with my best friend without getting touched too much. Yes, I've had that happen before. Insert shiver.
"So this is the hot guys band?" I ask. She nods, laughing. Can't be too bad if I see him on stage...
Although I am looking forward to seeing Jack Barakat, Alex Gaskarth and Alan Ashby. So..
Why are band members attractive and not single? Gahh!
My thoughts are cut off by the crowd chanting behind me. First of all how dare they?
Ooh! Okay! They are all very hot, but the one that Lili showed me catches my eye. Justin! That's his name.
Is it a coincidence that the Justin I met yesterday looks alike the Justin on stage before me?
It's got to be! Some kind of coincidence anyway. He smiles in my direction and I blush, tucking my hair behind my ear and biting my lip. It's a kind of nervous disposition.
*
I've seen three sets today, Sleeping with Sirens (something like that anyway), All Time Low with both of my best friends and I've just watched Of Mice & Men alone. Yes I'm a loner. They didn't want to go, I wasn't gonna let that stop me. They went to see Breathe Carolina I think.
I hum to myself again, a habit if I'm alone. It turns into 'We Are In The Crowd' and I sing the lyrics quietly to comfort me.
"Don't you get sick of only hearing your own voice? Talk like you're so damn tough but you're just a little- Oof."
That's two days in a row I've sung to myself and ran into a stranger! "Fuck." I mutter and groan.
I swear I have bruises from yesterday. It hurts walking into people! Even more because I'm small.
Unforntunately, it's not my hot guy from the beach or anyone hot. It's a girl, maybe four years younger than me with a group of her friends. She rolls her eyes and walks past me, leaving me on the ground. I don't know why I didn't choose to get up at that moment in time. It's a bit weird how I think.
"Are you okay?" Never mind. Cliché movie moment but totally worth it! It's my hot guy from the beach! I move my hands from my face. "I'm good, I think. I probably have bruises from yesterday bumping into you, but I'm good." Why can't I keep quiet?!
"Hi again Mason." He laughs and this time holds his hand out for me to take. I laugh and stand up with his help. "Did I see you in the crowd of my set?"
"Uhm, what?"
"I'm in a band." The puzzle pieces are slowly fitting together.
"Are you in Sleeping with Sirens by any chance?"
"I sure am. I take it you're a fan?"
"Can I be honest?" He nods. "Not really. My best friends love you guys, but I've never really heard a song before."
"Oh."
"You're quite good though." I smile.
"I should think so too." We laugh. "Listen, I know this sounds so weird, but can I take you out for dinner tonight? Just as friends, I'd like to get to know you."
"Huh? Me?" I ask, laughing even harder than before.
"Yes, you, Mason."
"Phone." He hands me his phone and I add my number saving it under 'Queen Mason.' "I'll text you my address."
"Sure, I'll pick you up at 7?"
"Sounds good to me."
"I'll see you later, dress nice, Queen Mason." I laugh and wave goodbye, we split.

{ J u s t i n }

Score! I run back to the bus with a huge grin on my face.
"Why are you so happy?" Kellin asks, he's sat alone, watching TV. I don't know where the rest of the band is.
"I, Mr Quinn, am going on a date tonight."
"With who?! Justin Hills! A date?"
"Yes a date, dumb ass. I've already said so. It's with the blue haired girl from the beach, her name is Mason."
"Awesome. Good luck bro. She looks like a handful." He winks. I roll my eyes and go to the bunks.