{31}

{ M a s o n }

I smile and cuddle into the chest of my boyfriend. "Morning, Mas." He smiles and looks down to my stomach. "Morning, bump." I giggle and kiss his neck.
"This child needs to hurry up and be born, I'm sick of being pregnant again." I groan. Justin chuckles. "You are not doing this to me. You hear? Twice is enough, I'm only 23." I groan and nudge him slightly.
Evie plods into the room and squishes in between the both of us. "Mama. Dada." She grins and gives us each a hug, Justin first though, she's such a daddy's girl.
We all start talking about the baby, Evie really wants a little brother and she wants his name to be Parker, that would be adorable.
"Right, I'm gonna go and pick Oli and Eric up from the airport. Ugh, there's so much traffic. Coming Evie?" I ask, she nods and runs to get her shoes.
"See you in a bit babe, I'll be here still. I might go and get some groceries." Justin smiles and hugs me.
*
I let Eric and Oli in the house and grab Evie out of the car.
"Two kids?" Eric smirks.
"And your point is? Is it not obvious we're serious?" I elbow him and hug Justin. "Ow." I groan.
"What?"
"This child of yours, it's definitely yours if it's being this annoying." I pace back and forth, running my hands through my messy hair, everything around me becoming a blur, only feeling the slight pain which is intensifying. I moan and clutch my stomach.
"Mas? Are you okay?" Justin asks.
"N-Nope. It's just like with Evie, I need to go to hospital. Like now." I tell him, he starts to panic a little, not having done it before. Evie was born in Long Beach, I stayed with my mom during the last few weeks and she helped me. But now, Justin is totally clueless. All I can do is try to take care of this.

*5 Years Later*

"Let's go surprise, daddy?" I ask, knowing Justin is at his LA stop on his tour, he doesn't know I took the kids to see my mom for a bit.
"Yeah!" Parker, now 5, exclaims, he definitely misses Justin when he's on tour. I can't blame him, I miss Justin just as much. Evie, now 7, tugs on my arm. "Can we please go now?" She demands, like the little madam she is.
"Let's go then." I laugh, glancing at my slowly ageing reflection in the mirror, 27. It feels horrible. I hate it so much.
*
Me: Kells, let us in the back way?
Kells: Sure thang, doll!
We have a habit of talking in southern accents to each other, sometimes it's not healthy, but still.
"Hey, sport!" Kellin exclaims as Parker jumps on his back, Kellin runs around, giving him a piggy back. He ruffles Evie's hair as she walks past, for some reason Evie has a real soft spot for Gabe, although he's still a huge dork. It's cute though, she idolises the guy.
Kellin leads us to where they'll be doing sound check soon and we find him.
"Hey! Hills!" I yell and he turns around, his eyes lighting up.
"Mas!" He abandons his instrument and runs over, attacking me with a hug. They both hug around us, mainly our legs because they're short, a lot like me. Evie ends up running off the talk to Gabe and Lord knows what Kellin is now teaching Parker, I give up by now. "Help me with this?" Justin asks, walking over to his bass. "I've totally fucked the string, fix it?"
"You're totally useless." I scold him and take the bass away, along with the string that he broke. Eventually, I fix it, strumming simple chords while Justin is off trying to find the kids. He's gonna need some luck with that, they're constantly on the move.
I lay the bass down and walk over to Jack's guitar, picking it up and plugging it into the amp. I start to play 'Going To Hell' which I wrote all of those years ago, but I still remember so clearly.
"Has anyone ever told you that you can totally shred a guitar?" Jack asks from behind me.
"Possibly." I smirk, playing a complicated rhythm to show him. "I was a musical Genius all of those years ago, Fowler, remember?" I tease. He nods.
*
"This is where we met, awhhh." I smile as we walk along the beach. "How romantic, you knocked me over." Nudging him, he trips slightly.
"Well, lucky for you, Staplynn, I am a hopeless romantic." He smirks. I roll my eyes and watch the kids ahead.
"We're lucky, and we did the right thing, right?" I ask him. "You know, doing everything so early?" He thinks for a while, staring ahead at the horizon.
"Are you regretting it?" He asks.
"Me?! Not at all, I was just thinking, I could've had a whole career. I wrote a few songs, only two I'm really proud of."
"But you did the right thing, Mas. Don't worry about it." He kisses me lightly.
"Come on, Mom, Dad!" Parker shouts.
We both laugh and break into a run, chasing the small children.
I'm lucky. I did the right thing, it's all I could've hoped for, just not the best timing perhaps.
I don't regret anything.
I have two children at only 27, and an amazing boyfriend.
My only regret was leaving Justin for the only time all those years ago.
Justin rolls the legs of his jeans up and wades through the shallow water. Parker and Evie start to run, skipping and almost slipping over.
I watch them, laughing, smiling and playing.
"I feel so alive again."

Finish.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
sorry this whole thing is short, it wasn't intended to be this serious. Like wow, I've hit 1k already?!
I love you all so much for sticking with me!
You should read my other things.
~ Backseat Serenade | Alex Gaskarth | Completed.
~ I Don't Care If You're Contagious | Vic Fuentes | Still In Progress.
~ Makeshift Chemistry | Andy Leo Of Crown The Empire | Still In Progress.
I love you all! x