Chapter Thirteen Not Thinking Straight Until...

{So this is the next chapter.. i love it... the songs are perfect... best friends is what kiles and alys friendship was... last friday night resembles alex and alyssa friendship because its wild and free hkinda crazy.. i will post the picture of aly in her outfit but alyssa has darker hair and a diff shirt and post links to the songs.}

                 Chapter 13

    I could feel the sweat drip down my face and arms, the sun beating down on my tan skin, my feet pushing off the rough ground, making me pass houses to the side of me. My shirt stuck to me tightly, along with my shorts, they were perfect for running. Running and Swimming were the only times I could get rid of my thoughts about Jacob and Alex. Actually I could never get rid of them, but when I ran or swam I could suppress them to the back of my mind and not let them out till I was finished. I had been running for almost forty five minutes.

    Honk! Honk!

    I see Alex’s mustang pulling up beside me. All the windows rolled down as he yells something to me that I can’t understand.

    “Come closer, cant hear you properly,” I yell back at him.

    He tries to yell something at me but I still cant understand.

    “What?” I ask.

    He pulls up closer before responding, “What.”

    “I said I cant here you come closer.” I tell him kind of frustrated.

    “Oh, well John’s hosting a party tonight, at our house, I was wondering if you want to come with me.”

    “So a second date?” I comment.

    “If you want to label it that, then yes, ill pick you up at ten, Bye.”

    Before I can reply Alex drives away.

    “Thanks for the offer to drive me home.” I holler at him as I begin to run again.

    I was just joking but Alex pulls up once again beside me and opens the car door. I climb into his old run down mustang, he really needs a new car. Theirs no traffic so we reach the house in a matter of minutes.

    Outside sitting on the front lawn our Melissa and Hailey. They are both on light blue lounge chairs. Melissa was wearing her dark pink bikini with light pink polka dots, her makeup looked gorgeous and she had a perfect tan. Surprisingly Mel’s hair was perfectly straight instead of curly but it looked beautiful. Her soft brown eyes, sparkled when the sunlight hit them, her lips a light pink. Hailey wore her dark blue bikini with lighter blue flowers. Hailey’s hair was in its usual perfect ringlets that lightly bounced off her shoulders, but her side bangs were pulled up out of her face. Today Hailey’s soft, misty, green eyes looked bright like mine, her lips the same pink as Melissa’s, her skin a light tan. In the middle of the two chairs was a table, with two glasses on it. One looked as if it had lemonade, the other as if it had ice tea.  Both of them were reading a Vogue magazine. They were more sisters then Hail’s and I were.

    I get out of Alex’s car, wave goodbye to him, hello to my sis and friend, before running up the steps into the house.

    “Hello, how was your run.” I here from a number of voices.

    “Good, I’m going to go take a shower, okay, see you in a few.”

    I feel the steam from the hot shower fill the entire room as I slip of my outfit, letting them rest on the ground. I pull a towel from the shelf and set it on the hook next to my gigantic shower. When I step in, I feel the hot water, hit my bare skin, at multiple spots. I always have some hitting me, never once does the water not touch my skin. I pore some of my herbal essence shampoo into my hands before rubbing it into my hair. Then I rinse my hair out; I can feel the shampoo leave my hair and run down my lean body. It doesn’t take me long to get the shampoo out of my hair and I rub some conditioner onto the ends of the wet mess, I call hair. At the end of my shower I apply soap to my body and fell it drip down. I switch off the water quickly, before opening the door to the shower, letting the heat escape. I grab my towel and wrap it around me.