Fourteen

Evangeline's P.O.V

"Caliban, I need you to take me to the academy," Sabrina tells us.

"I'll go if Eva goes," Caliban said. Sabrina looked over at me and nodded.

"Fine. Eva, you okay coming with us?" Sabrina asked me.

"Yeah. It's fine," I tell her.

"Great."

Caliban took us three to Sabrina's witch academy. We followed her over where I saw one of Sabrina's witch friends with a girl who was also stoned like Roz. I stood by Caliban as we followed Sabrina around.

"Prudence, have you seen Ambrose? We need his help with something," Sabrina tells her.

"Um. I believe he's-"

The really pretty chick got cut off by Nick. We looked over to see him sitting on the stairs. He closed his book her was reading as he got up.

"Oh, wow. That didn't take long," Nick said. I looked at Sabrina and back at Nick.

"I guess I was right," Nick pointed out.

"Right about what, Nick?" Sabrina questioned.

"About you and your friend here. I knew it the night of the carnival," Nick tells Sabrina.

"Caliban is helping me save Roz. And Eva is here as well," Sabrina tells Nick.

"It's okay, Spellman, you don't have to lie to me," Nick tells her. I was much confused on the situation here.

"Lie to you?" Sabrina questioned. As Sabrina continued to talk, she strolled over towards Nick. Caliban, Prudence, and I watched her impressed as she started to stand up towards Nick.

"I have never once lied to you about anything, Nick. Unlike you, who lied to me constantly, when you weren't cheating on me," Sabrina tells Nick.

"He cheated on you?" I asked Sabrina, surprised from Nick's actions.

"She does have a point, Nicky," Prudence tells him.

"And I am sorry," Sabrina continued to Nick. "I am truly sorry you went through what you did. Everyone on this planet owes you a debt they can never repay, but you're not a martyr and you're not an innocent. And don't ever disrespect me again, or you can forget about us ever being friends."

"Sabrina-"

"Save it. Believe it or not, I have more important things to deal with than your drama and narcissism right now," Sabrina tells Nick before walking back over to us. I was very impressed with Sabrina. She put an arm around my shoulders before we walked off.

"I am so proud and impressed right now," I tell her.

"I agree," Caliban said.

"You deserve so much better anyway," I tell Sabrina.

We went inside a library where Sabrina's cousin may be. Sabrina held a candle as we walked around. I walked behind her and in front of Caliban.

"You're still in love with him, or is it just lust?" Caliban asked Sabrina.

"Quit while you're ahead, Caliban. Ambrose, are you here?" Sabrina called out.

"Or is it the mortal that you love?" Caliban asked Sabrina.

"Wait, are you still in love with Harvey? Did the two of you have a moment when I left with Caliban?" I asked Sabrina.

"I'm sure he does my princess. The spell didn't work so he must be in love with Sabrina still," Caliban said.

"Holy shit, you two did have a moment," I said to her.

"Okay, you know what. I so do not need to be having this conversation with you right now. I will tell you everything later, Eva. I promise," Sabrina tells us.

"Is this what it's like for you when you're not in Hell?" Caliban asked her.

"It's called multi-tasking, Caliban. And I suppose you're the picture of nobility? After what happened when we went to go search for the spell?" Sabrina asked him.

"Wait, what happened when you two went looking for the spell?" I asked her.

"You rang, cousin?" I heard Ambrose say as he walked over.

"I did. I need your help with something. Caliban, I'll see you later," Sabrina said.

"I'll take Eva somewhere safe," Caliban tells her.

"Actually, I want her to stay," Sabrina said as she stared Caliban down.

"I think it's best if I take her with me. Protect her from the pagans," Caliban tells Sabrina.

"No. I need her here. Bye," Sabrina said.

"As you wish," Caliban said before leaving.

"Sabrina, what is going on?" I asked her.

"I will tell you in a bit. I need to tell Ambrose my plan before I tell you what you need to know," Sabrina said.

"Alright. Fine," I said before sitting down on a chair.

Sabrina quickly explained her plan to Ambrose and what they were going to do. Before the two left, Sabrina looked over at me.

"Eva, there's something I need to tell you," Sabrina tells me.

"Finally! This anticipation was killing me. What is it, Sabrina?" I asked her, standing up.

"Caliban made an offer for a way that we both could run hell together," Sabrina tells me. I was surprised at what she said. Had Caliban found a way for them to rule Hell together without fighting over it?

"Oh really? What was the offer?" I asked her.

"He offered for the two of us to get married. He said it didn't even have to be romantic and you could be like his mistress," Sabrina tells me. I felt my heart break from what she had told me.

"He-he said that?" I asked her. I thought for once in my life, someone actually loved me for me.

"I told him no. I could never hurt you, Eva. You're my best friend and-" I quickly engulfed her into a hug. I pulled away to look at her.

"Thank you for telling me this, Sabrina. I need to go talk to Caliban. I'll be back," I tell her.

"Be careful, Eva. Please," Sabrina said.

"I will."

I went to the forest to summon Caliban. When Caliban showed up, all I wanted to do was to hit him repeatedly. With a stick.

"Eva, I know what you're going to say-"

"Really? What am I going to say?" I asked Caliban.

"I do care about you, Eva. I really do," Caliban tells me.

"No you don't. Cause if you did care about me, you wouldn't have offered a marriage proposal to Sabrina. I thought you actually liked me. You even said so yourself that you wanted me to be your queen. Not some mistress," I tell him. My vision blurred as I cried.

"Evangeline, please-"

"No! You can forget about us. You can forget about me being your queen because I am done."

I turned around to walk away, only to feel Caliban hold my hand. I didn't look back to see him. I couldn't.

"Let go of me," I said. My voice cracked as I tried to stop myself from crying.

"Evangeline. Please," I heard Caliban say.

"Please. If you ever actually loved me, please. Let me go," I tell him softly. I felt Caliban let me go making me run back to the academy.

"Eva?" I looked over to see Theo, Robin, and Harvey carrying Roz into the academy. They put down Roz for a bit before I rushed over to them. I hugged Theo and Harvey as they hugged me back.

"What happened, Eva?" Theo asked me. I shook my head as they held onto me.

"Hey. It's okay. We're here for you," Theo assured to me.