Twenty

Evangeline's P.O.V

"Do you have to go?" I asked Caliban as he was getting ready to go up to Earth.

"Yes. I am going to take Earth as the tenth circle of Hell and get revenge for you for your family and friends," Caliban tells me.

"But why make Earth the tenth circle? Why not defeat the pagans, talk to Heaven, and find a way to bring people back," I suggested.

"It's not that simple on talking to Heaven, my queen," Caliban said before kissing my forehead.

"Be safe, Caliban. Please. you're all I have left," I tell him.

"Of course. I would never leave you, Eva. I made too many mistakes and I will not hurt you even longer."

Caliban gave me a long, passionate kiss before walking off. I watched him walk off as he left to lead a crusade to Earth. My ladies in waiting stood behind me.

"How long could this crusade last?" I questioned.

"We're not sure, my queen."

"What do I do now as queen of Hell?" I asked them.

"We can educate you on Hell," they offered to me.

"Yes, please. I'm not sure what I am allowed to do or what I can do here," I said looking around.

"Come with us my queen."

We went over to the library where my ladies in waiting were teaching me what I should do as queen. After learning what I can and cannot do, I sat on my throne that was next to Caliban's throne.

It was a day until Caliban came back. There weren't much demons that came back. The look on his face wasn't good. Caliban had a mixture of anger and disbelief. Caliban saw me standing, making him walk over to me, engulfing me into his arms. I held onto him before he lead me over to the room.

"Caliban, what happened?" I worriedly asked him.

"I failed," Caliban told me.

"What? Are you okay?" I asked him as I held his face into my hands.

"Yes but I'm sorry my love. I couldn't get revenge for you," Caliban told me. I felt bad.

"At least you came back to me. I can't lose you," I tell him before giving him a kiss. Once I pulled away, I looked at him.

"At least you fought hard right?" I asked him.

"Of course I did."

"It's okay if you couldn't defeat them. Now, at least you can figure out a new strategy to kill them," I tell Caliban. 

"I have to talk to the council about what our next plans are. I'll be back, my darling." Caliban kissed my forehead before walking out of the room, leaving me alone once again.