Ten

Evangeline's P.O.V

The next day, Sabrina and I rushed over to Harvey's house. Apparently there was an emergency with Roz.

"Do you know what happened?" I asked her.

"No. Harvey just said to come over quickly," Sabrina tells me. We went to the Harvey's garage where we saw Roz as a statue.

"Oh my god. Roz?" I asked as I walked over before kneeling down next to the couch.

"Poor Roz," Sabrina said.

"Please, Sabrina, tell me she's not dead," Harvey asked her.

"I don't think she's is. The same thing happened to Dorcas, one of the Weird Sisters," Sabrina explained.

"So Roz is just literally stoned? Like Medusa looking at you and turning into stone, stone?" I asked her.

"I think so. Ambrose is doing his research thing to figure out what he can do to reverse the transformation," Sabrina assured to us.

"I should never have left her side at the carnival. They're freaks," Harvey said.

"They're pagans, the carnival people," Sabrina said.

"Wait. Does that mean they're witches?" Harvey questioned.

"Not quite. They're like witches but from a different time," Sabrina tells us.

"Do they have powers?" Theo asked.

"Some, yes, others, no. But they're all dangerous. So I really need you guys to stay here and sit tight, okay? And then I'll be back, and we can figure this out, and we'll get Roz cured. I promise, Harvey," Sabrina says before leaving Harvey's garage.

"There might be someone I know who can help Roz," I tell Harvey.

"Who?" Harvey asked me.

"Um... remember Caliban? The guy who wants Sabrina's throne in Hell?" I asked them both.

"Wait, Eva. Are you seeing him?" Theo asked me.

"It's complicated. Please don't be mad at me," I said.

"We're not mad, Eva. We're worried. He's a demon prince of hell," Harvey said.

"Wait. Does Sabrina know?" Theo asked me.

"Not yet," I said.

"Sabrina has the right to know, Eva," Harvey tells me.

"I know. I'll tell her later. But for now, I'll ask Caliban if he knows anything," I tell them.

"I don't trust him," Harvey said.

"I know you guys don't trust him but strangely enough, I do. And you guys trust me right?" I asked.

"Of course we do, Eva. We just don't want to see you hurt," Theo tells me.

"I promise I won't get hurt," I tell them.

"Alright. Be safe, Eva," Harvey said.

"I will Harvey," I smiled softly before rushing off.

I went to the woods before looking around to check if anyone was near by. Once I knew I was in the clear, I called out for Caliban.

"Caliban. I need your help," I said. I waited for a bit. I leaned against a tree as I waited.

"Caliban. I need your help with something," You say again. I waited patiently for him. I saw a swirl of fire appear in front of me, revealing Caliban.

"You called?" Caliban asks.

"What took you so long?" I questioned.

"Had to discuss the second round to win the throne of Hell," Caliban tells me.

"Alright. I need your help with something," I repeated.

"What is it?"

"Can you help my friend turn back from stone to human?" I asked him.

"Of course. I do need to do this challenge first before I could help your friend," Caliban said.

"Alright. I'll just wait patiently then," I tell him.

"But, I must warn you, it'll come with a price if I help you with your friend," Caliban explained.

"I'll do anything. Just please help her," I begged.

"I'll tell you my offer later. But for now, I must go. I won't be gone for long," Caliban said before kissing my forehead.

"How long will you be?" I asked him.

"Hopefully not as long. I'll miss your pretty face too much," Caliban smiled at me.

"Be safe on your challenge," I said.

"I will," Caliban said before leaving me alone. I sighed at the fact that I couldn't get him to help out Roz first. I walked back over to Harvey's garage.

"So how's it go? Does Caliban have a way to turn Roz back?" Harvey asked me.

"Yes but he has to do this challenge first. And he has this deal planned out if he does help us," I tell him.

"A deal? Eva, you can't be serious," Harvey said.

"Harvey, I know it's dangerous but what choice do we have here?" I asked him.

"Maybe we should do something while we wait for Sabrina to get here. I trust her more than Caliban," Theo tells me. I heard the door open making me quickly walk in front of Roz to hide her.

"Hey, guys," Robin smiled.

"Robin, how did you-" Theo asked.

"I went over to your place, and your dad said you were over here. Hey, dude, what the hell is that?" Robin asked, looking at Roz.

"Could you wait outside for, like, just a second?" Theo asked Robin.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, totally," Robin said before walking out.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Harvey harshly asked.

"Harvey, calm down, it's Robin. It's cool," Theo tells Harvey, hoping to cool him down.

"It's not cool, Theo. Think about what's going on here.
Robin can't know about any of it, or things will get so much worse. I know you like him, but can you please get him out of here?" Harvey asked Theo.

"Yeah," Theo said before leaving. I turned to look at Harvey with an upset look on my face.

"Harvey. I know you're upset but you might've been a little too harsh on Theo," I tell him.

"I'm sorry, Eva. It's just... Roz doesn't deserve to be stoned," Harvey tells me.

"I know but that doesn't mean you're allowed to lash out on us," I tell him.

"You're right. I'll apologize to Theo later," Harvey said.

"Alright. I gotta go. But call me if anything happens," I tell Harvey.

"I will. Thanks, Eva," Harvey said.