Nineteen

Adeline's P.O.V

I hated the reception. This felt depressing as most demons were praising Caliban. This wasn't how I imagined my wedding and reception would be.

I should have Sabrina, Roz, and my sister as my bridesmaids. I should have my dad walk me down the aisle. There should have been my friends and family in the audience.

"Is everything alright my love?" My thoughts snapped over to Caliban who was looking at me.

"I'm fine. I think I need some air," I tell him as I stood up.

I walked out of the dining hall before going somewhere alone. The only place that was empty was the throne room. I sat on the stairs in front of the throne and put my hands on my hands.

"Is everything okay?" I heard. I looked up to see Caliban walking over.

"Peachy."

"What's wrong my wife? Did someone say something to you? Are you hurt?"

"No. It's just... this isn't my wedding," I truthfully told him.

"What do you mean?"

"This isn't my wedding," I repeated as I stood up. "None of my family and friends aren't here. This isn't the place, the dress, or anything. This isn't my wedding."

Caliban didn't say anything to me. Caliban just stood there with a frown. I started to feel scared. I didn't know much about Caliban and what kind of person he was.

"I'm sorry," Caliban apologized.

"What?"

"I'm sorry this isn't the wedding you imagined to be. Believe me, I would've given you everything you had wanted in a wedding," Caliban tells me.

"Can we please end this reception?" I asked him.

"We'll skip to the honeymoon already," Caliban winked.

"Okay," I nodded.

I stood alone in the throne room as Caliban left. I looked around at my surroundings. Everything felt horrible.

"My lady," I looked over to see the ladies who had helped me get ready before.

"Yes?" I asked.

"It's time for you to change into your honeymoon outfit," they told me.

"Of course."

I followed them over to the room again. They lied down an outfit for me to wear for the honeymoon. The dress was black but it seemed a little revealing. The straps were thin (they would have definitely had dress coded me back in middle school) and the dress reached to my mid thigh.

"Is this what I have to wear?" I asked, trying to cover myself a little more.

"It is from the king's request. Please wait here till King Caliban comes in," one of the ladies told me before they all bowed. They all left the room making me sit on the bed.

I waited for five minutes before Caliban showed up. He walked over before wrapping his arms around me and kissing me gently on the lips.

"You do not believe how long I've been wanting to kiss your lips," Caliban tells me.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Tonight, I will treat you like a queen and show how much I am in love with you."

"Caliban, I'm not ready to lose my virginity," I admitted to him. Caliban looked at me in slight shock.

"Are you sure my love?" Caliban asked me.

"Yes. I'm sorry if I lead you on but I'm just not-"

"You don't need to apologize, my wife. I love you and if you are not ready, then I will take your word for it," Caliban tells me.

"Thank you for understanding."

"Why don't we have our first dance then?"

"In here?"

"Why not?" Caliban said. With the snapped of his fingers, the room dimmed and music started playing. I looked around amazed before he offered his hand for me to take.

I took his hand before he pulled me in close. We started to sway to the music slowly.

"I'm sorry I couldn't give you time to fall in love with me," Caliban said.

"It's okay. Cause now, I have time to. Since I am your wife and we have eternity now," I tell him. Caliban smiled before kissing my forehead.

"I love you, Evangeline. I truly do," Caliban said.

"I love you too. But I will learn to love you as much as you love me later down the line," I tell him. Caliban leaned down to kiss me before spinning me a little.

"Hold me please," I said.

"Of course my darling," Caliban said. I moved closer to him as he held me. I felt him kiss my head as we continued to sway to the music.