Twenty - Sweet night

Four months later

Four months later.

Jeongguk walked down the street from his apartment towards the station at 7:30AM sharp. He returned to work after four months of home recovery with the assistance and guidance from Namjoon and Seokjin. He was a nervous wreck as he set foot at the station, and he couldn't wait to get back to doing what he loved.

Of course, he hadn't been cleared for active duty, but the chief was willing to let him perform other tasks at the fire station. As soon as he stepped foot into the station pantry at second level, he was greeted with the sound of a popper which startled him. He blinked in confusion when the confetti fell to the floor and tangled a bit in his hair, but smiled when he saw the decorations.

Wide smiles on the faces of his colleagues were thrilled to have him back but they could tell he had changed a little. His smile had lost its shine and only pain filled his eyes.

"Welcome back buddy!" Yoongi shouted from his side and lifting him into a tight hug which he could only return.

"It's good to be back buddy. Wow, did you guys really planned a welcome back party? That's so sweet." Jeongguk said, genuinely touched and wondering how he ended up with such a caring and amazing group of friends. Jimin laughed behind them as he came in with a round cake of strawberry cheesecake coated with chocolate syrup.

"As much as I love parties, we can only spare a few minutes before we need to get back to work, guys. But welcome back, Gguk- ah." Sejin said as he strolled in together with Taehyung, who is holding the overloaded coffee tray. His body inched forward a little to assist but he held himself back.

"Yahhh, It's great to have you back, it just wasn't the same without you." Yugyeom had said as he patted Jeongguk on the shoulder.

Yes, it was good to be back to his second home. But the awkwardness filled in the air as he watch the movement of Taehyung put down the coffee's of tray on the coffee table for everyone.

Feeling a lot teary eyed at all the affection or because of the presence of Taehyung... he ain't sure himself. So he took the cake gratefully, which has been cut into pieces by Jimin earlier. Taking a bite of the delicious cake and savour the moment.

🚒                  🚑     🚑

Taehyung had slowly begun to accept the firefighters of the small community since after the incident and especially in the time Jeongguk was in the hospital. He found himself chatting with several firefighters eventually and genuinely liked them. They talked about families, and what was important to them.

They also asked about Jeongguk regularly. Because they were shocked when on one particular day, Sejin had actually let it slip that Taehyung was staying with Jeongguk while he was in the hospital. Taehyung liked to keep his private life to himself, and it annoyed him others learned about his connection with the hot firefighter.