Chapter 15

Eva's POV
"You alright Eva?" Cas asks as I slump down on the train. We had to wait for Lucky to be finished, and that consisted of a lot of standing around.
"Sleepy..." I groan, closing my eyes.
"I bet you're still a little ill," he laughs.
"And I'm sure I'm fine. I'm just tired, that's all."
"Alright then." Though my eyes are shut, I hear the smirk in his voice. Part of me expects him to turn into his dragon form and get some rest himself, but he doesn't. And after some time, I hear snoring. I force my eyes open to find that both he and Apollo are very much asleep, and both remain in their human forms.

"You look confused," Lucky states, rubbing her eyes with a yawn.
"He usually sleeps in his dragon form. Remaining in his human form takes up a ton of his energy," I reply.
"Odd," she shrugs.
"Hey Lucky, do you know what those glasses are made of? How on earth do they stop it all...?"
"I don't know, maybe when I fall asleep, you can look at them."

So despite true fact I so openly expressed my exhaustion, my curiosity will always remain stronger so I'm the only one left awake. Carefully, I take the glasses off of Lucky's face and hold them up to my eyes. It's almost like the world brightens up around me, in a way, it feels like everything is warmer. Before I can return them to Lucky, I drift off, the glasses still perched on my nose.

I wake up to the sound of Cas giggling quietly. As I turn to look at him, I yawn loudly, to find the glasses are still on.
"They sorta suit you," he laughs as I try to wake myself up.
"Are we almost back?"
"About that..."

"We missed our stop," Apollo sighs as I return the glasses to the still sleeping Lucky. "And the next stop is quite the distance away. And even when we get there, we'll probably have to wait until tomorrow for another train."
"Damn, with each "and" our situation worsens," I laugh slightly.
"Yeah, hopefully we'll be able to find a hotel or inn or something. But we don't have much money on us. But we'll figure something out either way."
"Right," I nod, crossing my arms. "God I just wanna go and rest."

Soon, Lucky wakes and we arrive at the next stop. It's pitch dark outside, and completely empty except from the four of us.
"Let's split up and find a place to stay the night then," Apollo says.
"I'll go with Eva!" Cas cheers, grabbing onto my arm.
"Well, I was going to suggest we go individually-"
"Oh, we kinda have to stick together," he replies.
"How come?"

"Just let them Apollo," Lucky grins, "We'll go together and so can they."
"Alright..."

The darkness of the streets is almost suffocating, the few lights that dot the road are dim at best. I wouldn't say I'm scared of the dark, but I think anyone would be on edge in a situation like this; the place almost seems abandoned. And it doesn't help that, for whatever reason, there's complete silence between me and Cas. After a moment, I light a pink flame in my hand, watching the fire warmly brighten up the area around us.

"You look exhausted," I mutter as I glance at him. "You can rest if you want, I don't mind." He shakes his head with a yawn.
"It's alright, I don't want to inconvenience you."
"I carry you in your dragon form all the time, I don't see why you're being all weird about it now."
"Seriously Eva, it's fine."

Sighing, I begin to walk ahead, hoping to find some form of hotel to stay in. As I glance through one of the windows, I spot a familiar face, and that face spots me. Soon, the door opens and there stands Samantha Harris.

"Eva and Cas? What are you two doing here at this time?" She asks.
"We missed our stop on the train. We need to find some place to stay the night," I yawn, rubbing my eyes.
"Well, if it's just you two, you can stay here. It's not exactly my house, it's a friend's, I'm just crashing here whilst he's gone, but I'm sure he won't mind."
"There are two others... is that okay?"
"If you can find them, then yeah, it should be. You gonna go fetch them?"