CHAPTER 32 : SPARK

Decades Ago.....

Kovax had just conquered his hundredth world but what he didn't have was time and the children he kept having to be vessels for him and his consciousness kept making him get weaker and weaker.

One day as they moved in space they discovered something primal and it was going to change everything.

" We have discovered something unique " a general told Kovax as he was curious and went to see and behold it was a spark of pure cosmic energy.

" It's mine " Kovax said as he looked at it from a distant and his men went to try get a sample and test it but the cosmic energy killed them and nearly destroyed war world before disappearing into space.

Kovax spent years obsessing and coveting over the ultimate power, how to get it and what he was to do with it and they tracked it down to Etha but the defense was too strong and he spent years trying to get it and when he finally did.

" Your too late " Queen Mara, Ethereal's mother said to Kovax as she laughed from joy looking up at the roofless sky seeing Ethereal in a ship fly away.

" I will find him " Kovax said to her.

" But when you do, he will be grown and powerful and you will remember this day, when he stops you forever " King Orion said to Kovax making him angrier.

" We shall see about it " Kovax spoke as he slashed king Orion's throat and threw the blade into Queen  Mara's chest killing them both as they died together.

PRESENT DAY

Kovax was winning and was about to get the power he so desired.

Leo had broken himself free out of his cell and was going to find Ethereal and together kill Kovax when he found his family and friends locked up.

" What ? " Leo asked as he knew the plan was complicated with them there.

" Mom, dad, " Leo called out as he turned to see Argon, Dina, Tessa and Benjamin.

" Where are the others ? " Leo asked as he broke them free.

" They got away but Kovax has Lex " Lilian said as Benjamin finished.

" And Lyra " he said as Tessa looked around and touched a secret compartment that was keeping weapons.

" Everyone grab what you can and let's find your kids " she said to them.

Ethereal was still face to face with Kovax, " let go of me you fucking stupid robot " Ethereal heard cursing and that was most definitely Lex and it was was along with Lyra, both hostages of Kovax.

" Ethereal, Are you okay ? " Lyra asked,

" Am fine " Ethereal answered as he tried to get closer but Kovax stopped him.

" That's how far you will reach, now give me my power " he said to Ethereal who smiled.

" Give me your hand " Ethereal said to him as he he did and started giving him his power passing it over to him as Lex and Lyra guarded watched.

" You see this entire time I have been at only ten percent of my power and afraid to let go but am not scared anymore " Ethereal spoke to him as Kovax felt the power and the spark was becoming a part of him.

" This is for my parents, my world, everyone you have ever hurt " Ethereal radiated with so much light that hit the guards guarding Lex and Lyra.

" What do we do ? " Lyra asked,

" We can't leave Ethereal " Lex said to her as they were found.

" Lyra " Benjamin called out as ran and hugged him.

" Mom, dad and even Leo am glad your okay " Lex said to them as Dina and Argon saw Ethereal holding Kovax hand.

" What is happening ? " Tessa asked,

" my plan " Ethereal appeared.

" And what is that ? " Leo asked,

" I go supernova " Ethereal explained as Dina didn't like that plan.

" It will be okay, now you all have to get out of this place, I can't hold it anymore " Ethereal said to them as he turned and saw himself with Kovax.

" TRUST ME AND GO " Ethereal shouted as the incorporeal form disappeared.

" Follow me " Tessa said as she knew the way out and they were met by troops.

" The prisoners die " he said as they opened fire.

" When I say go, you go left take a turn and find the pods and go " Tessa said to them as Leo was hesitant.

" What about you ? " He asked,

" It looks like today is my day little brother " she said to him as she shouted " GO " and shielded them as they went to find the pods and leave.

Ethereal's power was infinite and Kovax couldn't keep it and tried letting go of Ethereal's hand.

" Let go " he said as Ethereal held him tighter.

" You wanted my power, wish granted. Take it " Ethereal gave it all to him and he blew up and Ethereal laughed as the power consumed him and he was in harmony with it and he closed his eyes as it engulfed him and the light started to spread all over war world.

" Get in " Dina said to them as they had found a pod and everyone was inside.

" After you " Argon said to her as she heard someone coming and turned around to see it was an armed guard ready to fire and shielded Argon with her body as Leo saw and shot the guard as Dina fell into the hands of Argon as the pod closed headed for star falls.

" Dina " Lilian gasped as she held on to Lionel and Argon looked at the wound and it had gone through her stomach leaving a huge gapping hole.

" I love you " she whispered to Argon as he begged her to not close her eyes.

Back in starfalls Blaire and Kira and everyone were outside and saw war world explode and disappear in a flash of light and they burst into cheers.

" Ethereal did it " Kira screamed as she hugged crow.

" We are safe " Jade sigh with relief as she hugged Aamon and Blaire in a group hug.

" But wait what about my uncle and sister and everyone taken ? " Flynn asked as everyone was concerned but Terra pointed up at the sky and it was a ship and crashed near.

" Lets go check it out " Blaire said to them and they found the door opening and Lex and Leo came out as Lyra and Benjamin followed as Flynn ran to his family.

Blaire noticed everyone was sad as Lilian saw her and tried to stop her but Blaire wanted to see and saw her mother dead in Argon's arms.

" Mom " she cried out as Leo carried little Terra and  shielded her from seeing her the traumatic sight  as Argon held Dina as he and cried out in pain.

To be continued.......