That Night

Love and Chimon can see how their Dr. Suthiluck is radiating with happiness while they're doing their rounds. He has always been smiling and greeting their patients with a warm smile but they know that something is wrong in the past month as he seems a bit gloomy, always looking at his phone and they know that it will never be their place to pry.

"Let's go for lunch, my treat." Kong suddenly said after doing their round which surprised the two. Some of their friends are saying that they are lucky to be under Dr. Suthiluck since other fellows don't even bat their lashes to them and ask if they have eaten or are they barely breathing. Dr. Suthiluck is quite famous for positive reviews, especially with how he handles their interns and residents.

"But Dr. Suthiluck we still need to-"

"I'm not in a hurry with the charts, come on, let's go to the beef shop across the hospital. I heard some residents saying its good, is it?" Kong asked as he smiled while they approach the nurse's station inside their department.

"I... it is... they sell good quality beef." Chimon is unsure on how to answer but Kong nodded and faced Prae.

"Nurse Prae, I'm bringing my two residents out for lunch. Call if there's anything." Kong instructed Prae who is looking at him curiously.

"The mood is high today." Prae commented and Kong just winked before he started walking making both residents follow him without a word.

When they arrived in the shop, Kong ordered and asked the two order for themselves as well.

"Hey don't be shy, I don't bite." Kong chuckled as he noticed how awkward the two are. He'll be with them for a few more years and he understands how it feels to be a resident, especially in a hospital with doctors like Dr. Niti. He can still remember how Dr. May once said that if Dr. Niti is a female, he is either a woman in constant PMS or in menopausal stage and Kong can never unsee.

While eating, Kong started asking them about random things, not mentioning anything about their residency or their studies since he knows how one can lose their appetite with just the thought of it. They were eating like that until his phone rang. The two looked at him thinking it is nurse Prae but he just brushed them off.

"Hello Maprang?" Kong answered the phone in front of them and the two tried their best to divert their attention.

"Oh 6pm? Okay-okay." And they can see Dr. Suthiluck smile making the two exchange glances before focusing on their plate again.

"I got it. Thank you Maprang, have a safe flight." And he ended the call.

He glanced at the two who are trying to avoid to make an eye contact to him making him laugh.

"You can ask me anything you know. I have been asking about your love life, your high school life and more, you can ask me so we can be even." Kong always does this to their residents because he wants to have memories about them when the time comes that they have to leave.

"You're really married right, Dr. Suthiluck?" Chimon' voice is shaking and he felt Love elbow him and that didn't pass Kong's eyes.

"I think so." Kong replied as he unconsciously touched his wedding ring using his thumb, both residents looking at the action.

"Is he also the reason why we had a supply of kitkat in the department-"

"Oh please no one mentions kitkat for now. I'm still having a nightmare because of it." Kong raised his palm making Love apologize but he just laughed it off.

"But yes, he is the reason of the kitkat influx in our department and if you're afraid to ask, then yes, he is the same man who announced our engagement in the news." Kong knew that he had to start telling people about it somehow. He is still getting questions about getting married and his ring but his standard answer would always be a smile. Somehow, knowing that Arthit always and proudly introduces him to his circle on parties they have attended, he thinks that it's time for him to introduce him as well.