CHAPTER 18

Chapter Eighteen

First thing in the morning, marami na agad ang nagpipilahang mga dalaga at binatilyo sa labas ng audition room sa second floor. Dumaan lamang ako upang sumilip at nakangising binaybay ang daan patungo sa aking opisina.

Sa wakas ay pumayag na rin si Benjamin na hindi na kaming dalawa ang gaganap doon sa pinaplanong short advertisement. I then initiated to layout an online poster 'Quest for talents' right after he seconded to my motion, which is to search for potential talents.

I assigned the rest of the task to the Production Team, from interviewing of auditionees, rolling of VTR's, elimination, until to the final selection. It's up to them who will they choose in the end, as long as these people manifest exceptional chemistry together in the monitor screen.

"Good morning Ma'am," rinig kong bati ng mga nasa cubicle.

Tinanguan ko lang sila at pumasok na rin sa opisina ko. I stopped on my first step when I saw an unexpected visitor sitting pretty on the couch.

Seeing Callie, in my own office, was such a bombshell.

She looked so modest, even the way she stands when she saw me is a goddess-like move. She didn't even do something belittling but I felt inferior in front of her.

I smiled awkwardly and greeted her.

Mas lalo akong nanliit sa sarili lalo na nang unti-unti siyang humakbang papalapit sa akin.

"I heard about the audition. Can I appeal to break it off?" bungad niya, hindi man lang ako binati pabalik.

Kumunot ang aking noo nang maintindihan ang mapangahas niyang sinabi. Why would she? Is there something unlawful about our audition to the point that she wanted for appeal?

"Pardon?" I said, still shocked and confused.

She only gave me an indignant smirk and then she showed me her phone, the screen revealing the blog article where our rumor was featured.

Hindi ata ako makahinga nang maayos sa matinding kaba. Is she going to pick a fight? To confront me?

"I know that this isn't true, and will never be. Now, I suggest a break-off of the audition in an instant. I am willing to do the woman's role in that ad." Her words dropped off like a bomb.

I couldn't utter a single word. I'm too occupied by what she said.

I didn't expect she was this straight forward to voice out something that is beyond her hold. She's not even a part of this company to act like this. Or maybe she's just used to being pampered since she's a renowned public-figure in the modeling industry plus the fact that she's the niece of Madam Chua.

"This is to tone down the noise about you two. I will request Benj myself to do the other role. And don't worry about my high-priced talent-fee. I'll make it free anyway, for Benj." There are conviction and finality in her voice.

Thinking of a scene where they are together in an intimate advertisement sips sourness within me. I didn't even know where that feeling came from. A part of me is against what I have imagined but do I have a choice? They were both the protagonists in this story while I'm just an extra who has a special yet risky mission to be done here.

Should I just give in then? This is an opportunity for them to have a long scene together. I'm sure the author will be delighted to finally construct another moment of them.

I should be grateful too because I'm finally doing a favor, to link them more together... but why do I feel so against it?

"So, what now?" she blurted out.