CHAPTER 55

Chapter Fifty-five

"It was not loved at first sight dude! It was lust at first sight!" Liam shouted on the phone. I sighed heavily and regretted that I told him about that girl.

"It was neither, fuck you!" Pinatayan ko siya ng tawag at muling napabuntong-hininga.

It's been weeks yet the woman is still in my mind. There was something in the way she held herself. I only saw her for just almost half of that day yet I already find her admiringly strong and independent type of woman. She seemed so driven in her work or even outside work. And I can't fucking get her out of my mind.

It isn't love at first sight. Heck. That's so fucking gross.

Am I lusting over her?

Yes, she's hella strikingly beautiful but I wasn't even thinking of fucking her. That thought wasn't gross but it flinched the hell out of me. The words 'fucking her' sounded like objectifying her in a way, and that doesn't suit her.

"Zion, I miss your hand touching my pu---" I immediately cut off Loreen's call and throw my phone at the back of my car.

I parked my car in front the building where Ash is working. I already did this for three consecutive days yet I didn't see any glimpse of her. A man can hope, so I still pulled another day and waited here again.

And at last, my plea seemed to be heard when I saw her walking out from the main door. My brows furrowed when I noticed that she's with a man.

My urge to knock his brains out suddenly turned on when I saw how he just let her bring piles of thick folders while his hands were empty. Gusto niya bang putulin ko ang mga kamay niya? What a fucking misogynist.

Nangangati na naman ang mga kamay kong manuntok lalo na't hinawakan ng lalaki ang bewang ni Ash habang papatawid sila. When they reached the side road, a petite girl approached them and Ash handed her the folders. Umalis din naman kaaagad ang babae at naiwan ulit silang dalawa na nag-uusap.

Pasimple pang humawak-hawak ang lalaki sa kanyang braso, balikat, at ngayon sa bewang ulit. Is that her boyfriend? But that doesn't look like it. She seems uncomfortable.

Hindi na ako naghintay pa ng ilang segundo at agad ko nang pinaharurot ang kotse ko papunta sa kanila. I was gone madder when that mediocre man got panicked and ran away, leaving Ash nailed on where she's standing. Fucking coward.

I saw the terror in her face when my car was still fast approaching toward her direction. She was frozen in place and didn't know what to do. No worries, woman.

Agad kong iniliko ang sasakyan at nagmaneho na palayo sa kanya. Baka kapag bumalik pa ako ay susugurin niya ako. I wouldn't mind though, I just didn't know how to react if that happens.

"Hey!" I followed that strange woman and held her arm to urge her to face me.

"Call me Belenda, and what is it?" she exclaimed, smirking as she inspected my face.

"Weren't you fooling around with me?" I clarified. I have finally processed what she said to me earlier in the couch. She was surely playing around with me. I'm not yet fully drunk to just believe with whatever she was saying.

"No, your wish will be granted whenever you're ready," Belenda answered and was about to turn away but I held her again.

"Will you kill me and get my soul?" I asked. She just laughed hilariously, shaking her head. What else will it be then? Sorcery is the only thing I could think that she will do.