CHAPTER 53

Chapter Fifty-three

My mind couldn't comprehend the texts shown in the article. I was too taken aback by this sudden predicament that the words looked like jumbling and dancing in my eyes--- in extent hyperbole. I jumped off from perusal and just pressed the video attached at the side of the article. It has a clickbait of a man's silhouette with skull and bloody graphics.

It got loading for a second before the video finally played on the screen.

My lips parted from shock and horror when I saw Zion. The clips are mostly from CCTV footages and he was doing lots of trouble--- punching someone on the road, stabbed street gangs, purposely crashed a car, fighting with someone in a bar, and many more. There is also a moment where he got outnumbered and beaten up by a gang. He got hospitalized yet he escaped.

Gosh, he was indeed troublesome. No arguments for that.

However, these footages were all from years ago so I shouldn't give a fuss about it. I'm sure as hell that he already turned over a new leaf. He went through tough moments just to change himself.

It's still incredulous to me how some people really dig someone's past to invalidate that person's good sides and it will come out like a domino where other people start to define that person by his past and refuse to believe changes.

But I'm different from those people, Zion surely knows that about me. Even so, no matter how I toughen myself and assure that these are all nothing, I still couldn't help but get scared especially for him.

Nabibilang lang sa daliri ang mga taong malapit kay Zion kaya iilan lang talaga ang nakakaalam ng paghihirap niya sa nakaraan. These past weeks, he was doing and feeling better. He's not that sensitive anymore when we were talking about his riotous past and especially about his family. He visits her mother regularly and every time I try to open up about his father, he would just get silent but not get furious about it, which is I think a great improvement.

But despite all of these, I'm still afraid that he might think ill and get triggered again.

Kung sinuman ang nagpakalat nito ay paniguradong nais lang kaming sirain. That evil-doer surely knows about Zion's weak point.

Wait.

Speaking of...

My attention toward the video suddenly got distracted when fleeting memories from last week's road trip with Zion invaded my mind.

"By the way, if you don't mind answering, how many cars do you own?" I asked Zion with zenith curiosity. He's driving with his left hand and his right one was playing and squeezing my hand.

I am now finally with him after a long busy week of not seeing each other because he went abroad to meet and negotiate with his friend named Liam Cohen, and a few connections in Atlanta. He was really determined when he told me that he will build his own company. Small steps.

He went to me straight from his flight and this time, he fetched me with a new car again. I just had my lunch break and he invited me for a road trip. Bibinyagan niya raw ang sasakyan niya.

I just facepalmed mentally upon seeing his car. What the! Hindi ko na matandaan kung pang-ilan na ito sa mga sasakyan niya. Probably the 18th? 19th?

Baka isipin tuloy ng mga tao sa lobby na iba-iba ang kasama kong lalaki bawat linggo dahil sa paiba-ibang sasakyan ni Zion.

Zion's brows furrowed a bit, probably counting his cars mentally. See? He took time to even count his cars.